New ideas for Memorial Stadium game day experience

Comish

Seriously though, how about the band plays less during the game? I like the traditional pregame band songs and they can do a halftime show, but do they really need to play that indiscernible screech between every freakin play? And they could play Hail Varsity and There Is No Place Like Nebraska about 75% less and we would still hear it plenty. Back in the day, they would only play like that after we scored or had a big stop or turnover on defense. Now it's like they're totally disassociated from what is transpiring on the field. It is rather annoying, on TV anyway.

I don't mind the band playing during the game. It differentiates college ball from pro and I enjoy that.

I don't mind them playing, in fact I definitely want them to, I just wish they more in sync with what is happening on the field. But that thing where they screech some flat note just to make noise, I sure wouldn't mind that being replaced with a short snippet of some various songs, like seems to happen at a lot of venues. Of course that would require a serious upgrade to the stadium sound system. If we just need to create decibels, adopt some sort of unique foghorn or steam whistle or jet engine noise. I think that is allowed as long as it's done between plays.