What the media and fans haven't learned from TO

Great read that summarizes my thoughts on the current state of the program. Apparently this is written by a booster. Enjoy.

Somehow this staff took the youngest defense in the BIG and made it not just better but significantly so. The Husker D was 107th in total defense after the South Dakota State game and it finished the season 37th. I was at the Michigan game where that defense grew up, dominated the home team in front of 112,000 people, and played with the confidence of a seasoned group. (As an aside, it comes as no surprise to me, that the Husker defense played their best games away from the drama of Lincoln. Think at Michigan and Penn State.)

http://shonhopwood.c...ed-tom-osborne/

Glad you enjoyed your day there Fowler. But do you know how exaggerated this sounds? Dominated??? While TRAILING, a freshman QB pitched a game winning TD to Abdullah inside the 10 with two minutes left in the game is what you got out of that? In front of 112K people. Seasoned group. Domination. Wow................

You know I didn't write this right? That's part of the article, which obviously you didn't read. And if 175 total yards isn't domination, I would like to know what is.

Great read that summarizes my thoughts on the current state of the program. Apparently this is written by a booster. Enjoy.

Somehow this staff took the youngest defense in the BIG and made it not just better but significantly so. The Husker D was 107th in total defense after the South Dakota State game and it finished the season 37th. I was at the Michigan game where that defense grew up, dominated the home team in front of 112,000 people, and played with the confidence of a seasoned group. (As an aside, it comes as no surprise to me, that the Husker defense played their best games away from the drama of Lincoln. Think at Michigan and Penn State.)

Glad you enjoyed your day there Fowler. But do you know how exaggerated this sounds? Dominated??? While TRAILING, a freshman QB pitched a game winning TD to Abdullah inside the 10 with two minutes left in the game is what you got out of that? In front of 112K people. Seasoned group. Domination. Wow................

He says the D dominated, and you refute it by saying our offense stunk. Not where you were going w/ that....

That defense held Michigan to negative 21 rushing yards, and under 200 offensive yards for the game. I personally would consider that a dominating defensive performance

The week before they were held to negative 48 yards rushing on 29 carries.

the week before that they ran for 248 and passed for 503.

the week after, they ran for 139 and passed for 226.

what point were you trying to make by pointing out their rushing performance against a top 5 defense?

Wasn't anything legitimate to complain about so they had to find something. He also didn't mention how they went for over 600 yards and 40+ points on the #2 team in the nation. But its whatever.

I can't believe that some people are patting Bo on the back for winning 8 games.

Does this guy really think that there are not many coaches that are capable of beating Wyoming, Southern Miss, SDSU, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Michigan, and Penn State?

There are probably a few coaches that could, but NONE of them would be able to bring down powerhouses like Iowa and Minnesota.

I can't believe that some people are patting Bo on the back for winning 8 games.

Does this guy really think that there are not many coaches that are capable of beating Wyoming, Southern Miss, SDSU, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Michigan, and Penn State?

There are probably a few coaches that could, but NONE of them would be able to bring down powerhouses like Iowa and Minnesota.

So lets fire our coach every year they lose to Iowa or Minny. Got it.

That defense held Michigan to negative 21 rushing yards, and under 200 offensive yards for the game. I personally would consider that a dominating defensive performance

The week before they were held to negative 27 yards rushing on 27 carries.

by the top rated D in the country. You forgot that part.

You misunderstood. Lets fire our coach every year they lose to Iowa and Minny. ;)

No, every time we loose…fire everyone on staff. If we give up 100 yd rusher, fire the DC, if we score less than 42 pts per game, fire the OC, a missed field goal, fire the ST coach then pull the kickers scholarship. Oh yeah, if my Vals Pizza at the game isn’t cheesy enough, fire the kid working in the concessions stand then kick him square in the nuts….Seriously.

All joking aside, this was a well written opinion piece by Hoopwood. I agree with a lot of what he said and he basically summed up a lot of what other people on the board have been saying.

OWH sports columnists write a bunch of trash anyway and have ZERO credibility with me, I guess they are entitled to their opinion but most times it is to the detriment of the program in my opinion.

No, every time we loose…fire everyone on staff. If we give up 100 yd rusher, fire the DC, if we score less than 42 pts per game, fire the OC, a missed field goal, fire the ST coach then pull the kickers scholarship. Oh yeah, if my Vals Pizza at the game isn’t cheesy enough, fire the kid working in the concessions stand then kick him square in the nuts….Seriously.

All joking aside, this was a well written opinion piece by Hoopwood. I agree with a lot of what he said and he basically summed up a lot of what other people on the board have been saying.

OWH sports columnists write a bunch of trash anyway and have ZERO credibility with me, I guess they are entitled to their opinion but most times it is to the detriment of the program in my opinion.

My opinion is that Bo is a detriment to the program.

My opinion is that Bo is a detriment to the program.

post-10530-0-65686200-1386276081.jpg

• Fire 1