A Question for Pelini Defenders

beating_a_dead_horse2-300x199.jpg

I love the picture man. With that said, I'm really just looking for a number....how many more years would you give Bo without winning a conference title?

You're asking the wrong question. The answer lies in how long you think Bo is gonna live.

So keep him until he's no longer living is your view?

I'd be willing to give him a few years past that. It might be motivation to the players. Or if I just agree with you will you stop making threads about it?

• Fire 2

As is evident with many threads in here, many fans are divided on their support of Pelini. For those who think he should remain as our head coach, my question is this:

Bo has preached the importance of winning championships the minute he walked into Nebraska, and promised to return Nebraska to a championship program again. How many MORE years can Bo go without winning a conference title and still have your support? If he doesn't win a championship next year, will you still support him? How about 3 or 5 years from now?

shocker5.JPG

The answer is THREE! I'll bet that comes as a shocker to you.

• Fire 7

Winning 71% of his games and 9-10 games a year means, to me, that you are on the brink of doing something special with your program. It's not great that there are 4 losses that accompany those wins. but to me it means that you are always a play or 2, a player or 2, etc from making something happen.

As long as recruiting doesn't slide consistently and we don't mix in losing or .500 records, I think Bo needs to stay for as long as it takes. The program stayed with Osborne for a lot of years to get that goal.

More like 10 or 15 turnovers away from making something happen

I have a suspicion that many of the people on Team Bo don't really care about him winning championships.

There's a huge misconception that Bo supporters are 100% satisfied and don't want anymore out of the program. Nobody is satisfied and everybody wants to win championships. I just realize that the program isn't a cesspool just because it's not up to my expectations.

• Fire 5

beating_a_dead_horse2-300x199.jpg

I love the picture man. With that said, I'm really just looking for a number....how many more years would you give Bo without winning a conference title?

What some people don't understand is that it's more than just a number.

Are the kid still committed to the coach and playing hard?

Is recruiting still good or improving?

Do we have young players in the program that are coming up that can improve the outcome?

Is the coach still running a respectable program the way Nebraska should be ran?

When the AD sits down with the coach, does he have ideas and a vision of what it will take to get to where we want to be? (This one is one that no fan knows)

Are their issues outside the coaching staffs control that has influenced not winning championships?

So, pardon me, but your question is a little irrelevant.

• Fire 3

As is evident with many threads in here, many fans are divided on their support of Pelini. For those who think he should be removed as our head coach, my question is this:

Bo has preached the importance of winning championships the minute he walked into Nebraska, and promised to return Nebraska to a championship program again. How many conference championships must he win before he garners your support? If he wins a championship next year, will you still support him? How about 3 or 5 championships?

I have a suspicion that many of the people on Team Bo don't really care about him winning championships.

I would classify myself as neither a Bo support nor a Bo hater. I would have been fine either way SA went after the season.

However, this statement is a crock of crap.

So obviously what I said does not apply to you. I'm talking about the apologists who in 10 years, when Bo still hasn't won a championship, will still be praising him for his teams' graduation rates, or for how much the players adore him. 8 win seasons are enough. The occasional CCG appearance is enough. Moral victories are enough.

So maybe I misspoke. Bolievers would love to win a championship to validate their cult of personality, but failing to do so will never be seen as a negative and certainly wouldn't be grounds for termination.

Maybe the mods should give Pelini his own forum and subforums:

- Bo's favorite color

- Bo Pelini, boxers or briefs

- Bo's iPod list

- Bo's favorite foods

- Top 10 NU players under Bo

- Top 10 NU players under Bo but bit recruited by Bo

- Top 10 NU players Bo cussed out on national tv recruited by Bo

- Top 10 NU players Bo cusses out on national tv not recruited by Bo

- Bo and his assistant coaches, behind the scenes

- Bo's former assistant coaches, where are they now

- Bo's top 10 greatest recruiting misses

- Guess Bo's blood pressure

- Bo poll - Bo's favorite Christmas song!

- Bo Pelini "Fake it till ya make it"

- Bo Pelini the early years

- Bo Pelini top 10 coaching dream jobs

- Bo's alleged coaching offers he turned down

- Bo's recruiting philosophy

- Bo and his secret love of the media

- Just win 9 baby

- Bo's failed plan to get fired

- Bo poll - Bo's favorite Lincoln golf course

- Tis the season for Bo gifs

- Bo Pelini - The Process

- Bo's championship drought

- Bo Pelini the TMart year and a half

- NU fan and Pelini fatigue

- NU fan and Pelini family- cage match

- Bo vs TO

- Bo vs Callahan

- Bo vs Richt

- Bo vs Stoops(take your pick)

- Bo vs other random hot coach of the moment

- Bo vs Eichorst

- Bo vs Perlman

- Bo poll - To Kill a Referee

- Bo's magic job keeping number

If this forum were created we would have a place for all these subjects instead of all the Bo threads under different titles to talk about the same thing.

• Fire 3

funny, most of the Bo ass kissers don't answer your question, they simply make light of your post or post completely stupid pictures of things that add nothing to the conversation. Get used to it, that's how they roll.

My answer, 2 years ago. Bo I full of sh#t. He talks a lot but NEVER backs it up. That's what you get when you hire a narcissistic man-child with no emotional control.

• Fire 4