Honest Bowl preference

HANC

Serious question...... No right or wrong answers.....just want to see how people on the Board feel about the one remaining game.

Would you rather see Nebraska play in the BWW bowl vs a KSU.... a team that generates a lot of old-hatred emotion and Bill Snyder....a team that Nebraska CAN beat (but will have to play well)......BUT will not garner a lot of attention outside of the 2 state region

- Benefits = great chance to end on a positive note and spring board into the off-season.

- Cons = not real exciting....and a loss would be devastating

or

Would you rather play an SEC team in any of the bowl tie-ins with SEC ties....such as Outback or Gator.... (Personally think Outback and Cap 1 bowl are 0% chance, but someone posted that a site still had us vs LSU)...... in Gator it would be Georgia or South Carolina

Teams that we have just played and lost to......bigger opponent, obviously if Outback, it would be Jan 1..... BUT, a game in which we would definitely be the underdog....(whether you want to face reality or not)

Benefit = National exposure, a win would be a HUGE springboard and help national perception

Cons = Another game with national exposure that we could (probably) lay an egg, taking the

negative perception even farther down.

I am on the fence...... I see a lot of people saying..."Bring on OU, LSU, 'SEC' "....... after watching this team this year, face the facts....Nebraska couldn't beat Iowa at home, Minnesota...needed a fluke hail mary pass to beat Northwestern......do you really, honestly think we could beat any of the 3 teams or South Carolina ? It would bring more attraction, but be careful what you wish for....

I see both sides. Leaning to taking our chances to re-new a "one-sided" so-called rival against a team that outside of Texas and CU, most people HATE.....with KSU. I would think I would trade a better chance for a win for the team, compared to more hype for us as fans....

But, that's my opinion.

If we don't turn the ball over, I believe we could beat any of those teams. If we turn the ball over 5 times, it won't matter if it is KSU or UGA. That being said, I went to the Gator Bowl v. Clemson, I haven't been to Tempe and live around a bunch of awful Cat fans. BWW v. KSU is my vote.

A wild card is how many players get healthy before the bowl. Is TA 100% for the bowl? How many OL come back for the bowl? Is Turner available for the bowl? Is Bell 100% for the bowl? We could surprise people in the bowl game. QMany is correct, don't turn the ball over, and we can beat anyone, but a positive turn-over margin, now that would be a surprise.

We could and would beat OU, imo. But to answer your question, I'll take BWW vs. KSU. Here's why....

1: Win could springboard us into a nice offseason

2. We could lay recruiting in-roads in Arizona.....lots of talent down there. We have already laid them in Florida last couple years.

3. Unless we are healthy we won't compete with UGA or USC most likely.....healthy we could.

I really don't care who we play honestly. I just hope it's some scrub we can beat up in so we can all feel good about ourselves. Maybe a top rated Sun Belt team. A WAC or MAC Champion or something like that. I don't want to play Texas, as a bowl loss to Texas would only increase the pain. Let's just get another "feel good" or "moral" victory.

We could and would beat OU, imo. But to answer your question, I'll take BWW vs. KSU. Here's why....

1: Win could springboard us into a nice offseason

2. We could lay recruiting in-roads in Arizona.....lots of talent down there. We have already laid them in Florida last couple years.

3. Unless we are healthy we won't compete with UGA or USC most likely.....healthy we could.

Could and would beat OU? No.

KSU would be a good matchup. They have plenty if mediocre talent so that might offset the coaching matchup advantage they have. Georgia lost their starting QB I believe, so that could help us in a matchup with them, still not sure we could win that one though. USC I feel like we could compete with. Lots of distractions and a coaching change makes them almost as equally fragile minded as we are.