NU vs Georgia in the Gator Bowl

Nobody

There is too much misinformation in this thread for me to correct piece by piece here. Tonight I'll start another thread with some facts about your Gator Bowl opponent.

Also, don't listen to anything DamnGoodDawg says about Richt. He hates Richt and wants him fired no matter what. We could win the NC next year and he'd say it was a fluke and fire Richt. He has snakes in his head.

In other news, I've recooped my 401k I lost by putting all my money on the Huskers vs UCLA earlier in the year. Yall really let me down, but I am even again, in case any of you were concerned about the financial future of my family.

Oh I almost forgot...

You buck toothed corn cobs.

I was hoping for a rivalry game with KSU or Oklahoma in Tempe....don't get this at all and doubt it will generate much interest for either team's fans. It's sort of a home game for Georgia right across the border in J Ville.... maybe they're hoping Bulldog fans will fill the stadium?

Oh well, still excited about the Chiefs.

KSU/Nebraska has no national appeal for television. Yeah, Nebraska and KSU would be great fun to watch for Nebraska and KSU fans, but no one east of the Mississippi is interested in watching that game. Michigan/KSU will draw better so will UGA/NU for TV ratings.

It is as simple as that.

There is too much misinformation in this thread for me to correct piece by piece here. Tonight I'll start another thread with some facts about your Gator Bowl opponent.

Also, don't listen to anything DamnGoodDawg says about Richt. He hates Richt and wants him fired no matter what. We could win the NC next year and he'd say it was a fluke and fire Richt. He has snakes in his head.

In other news, I've recooped my 401k I lost by putting all my money on the Huskers vs UCLA earlier in the year. Yall really let me down, but I am even again, in case any of you were concerned about the financial future of my family.

Oh I almost forgot...

You buck toothed corn cobs.

Hey, WTF man, that was uncalled for?!?!?! Apologize immediately!

I'm talking about you betting on Nebraska vs. UCLA...not the buck toothed corn cobs thing. :-D

And I'm still SMH at all of the derp that flowed around here before that game, saying we were going to blow UCLA out...

I was hoping for a rivalry game with KSU or Oklahoma in Tempe....don't get this at all and doubt it will generate much interest for either team's fans. It's sort of a home game for Georgia right across the border in J Ville.... maybe they're hoping Bulldog fans will fill the stadium?

Oh well, still excited about the Chiefs.

KSU/Nebraska has no national appeal for television. Yeah, Nebraska and KSU would be great fun to watch for Nebraska and KSU fans, but no one east of the Mississippi is interested in watching that game. Michigan/KSU will draw better so will UGA/NU for TV ratings.

It is as simple as that.

If you are looking solely at TV ratings it doesn't matter who Nebraska plays it will get decent ratings. Whether or not the current Bowl match ups will draw better than the NU/KSU is something we will never know.

Okay a dawg perspective. I really didn't want a rematch, because we have nothing to really gain. We haven't played Michigan but once in our history (which we won), so I really wanted that match-up. That's the way it goes I guess.

About those UGA losses:

Clemson, close game. Could have gone either way. Special teams mistakes cost us any chance we had. From the eyeball test, I thought Clemson looked a little better. We do tend to start slow every year.

Vandy. We should have put them away early, but we let them hang around and in the 2nd half we muffed a punt return that lead to an immediate score for Vandy and we mishandled a punt snap that lead to a Vandy TD. We gave away a victory. To Vandy's credit they kept playing hard enough to be in position to take advantage of these mistakes.

Mizzouri. Like Clemson, close game that could have gone either way. UGA made some special teams mistakes that took away any chance of victory. Mizzou came to play and UGA played sloppy. The team that made less mistakes won the victory.

Auburn. A tale of two halves. UGA should have won, but by now everyone has seen the immaculate deflection.

This UGA team is not quite as dynamic as last years, but it is very similar. The defense is a little better at run defense than last year and worse at pass defense. The Offense has the potential to be explosive at times, but also can be penalty prone and static if the run is stuffed. So much is based on a good running game on 1st down to make the play action passing game work that stuffing the run seems to shut down our offense some. With Murray you could put it on his back and let him pass us to victory. It remains to be seen if Mason can do this as well.

I haven't got to see nebraska much this year, so i don't really know what to expect. I picked them to win the UCLA game and then got pissed and stopped watching Nebraska after that loss.

It is certainly a better match up than many of the bowl games, so i guess we can be thankful for that.