Charter flight to Bowl Game Cancelled.

NUpolo8

Oh, you wanted Husker fans to show up for the bowl game, Bowl Committee?

Yeah, scheduling a rematch probably wasn't the swellest of ideas, then.

One theory sure.

Then the article quotes the CEO of the company, and he's attributing most of it to "Bo Pelini drama"

Former player too. That's pretty damn telling.

louie.gif

Ok fine. You post a gif. And everyone else says this is just an agenda, and that this charter owner hasnt any more information than anyone here.

You know what? That is a total line of horsesh#t.

This charter jet owner/former player is likely a member of the N club. Which I'm pretty damn sure has more information about the athletic program of their choosing than any member of an anonymous message board. To say nothing of the fact a former football player might have an opinion on how it's being run now. Or the ultimate goal that said program football player adhered to. Certainly he wouldn't be mad from the transition of things like conference championships and beyond to "not apologizing for 9/10 wins" within an hour of having ten touchdowns hung on them. And never mind the nuclear winter that would occur had THAT ever happened in say, 1996. Or when it did happen in 01. If you think that CU game didn't have a major factor in Solich getting ran out then I have a bridge to sell you.

But by all means, let's continue on this treadmill. I can't even call this a path, because in a path, one sees progress. After six years, Nebraska still loses the same amount of games a year, usually in embarrassing fashion on national television. After six years Nebraska is playing in the exact same bowl it was in year one of this grand reclamation project that didn't really exist. And after year six, let's loom forward a few years, because then! Then is when these young bucks will deliver us from Dante's third level with their transcendent play--only to see them do the same mental mistakes because there is something systemically being neglected within this program that is denying kids to learn.

And why? Why are Husker fans putting up with this? Because we're afraid to admit Tom Osborne may have made a bad hire? We shouldn't be, it's happened before.

Is it because Callahan ruined it for everyone? Got news people, we'll never fire anyone ever if the only hurdle is "he's better than Callahan".

Ultimately, it just fries me people want to bury people who want a change with scarlet letters like "agendas" and the like. The reality is, the goalposts are slowly being moved in Lincoln, and there is no reason for it. Take pride in your University, and it's commitment to winning, it's facilities and it's history. We don't deserve better, but we can damn sure take what we want.

• Fire 3

Ok fine. You post a gif. And everyone else says this is just an agenda, and that this charter owner hasnt any more information than anyone here.

This charter jet owner/former player is likely a member of the N club. Which I'm pretty damn sure has more information about the athletic program of their choosing than any member of an anonymous message board. To say nothing of the fact a former football player might have an opinion on how it's being run now. Or the ultimate goal that said program football player adhered to. Certainly he wouldn't be mad from the transition of things like conference championships and beyond to "not apologizing for 9/10 wins" within an hour of having ten touchdowns hung on them. And never mind the nuclear winter that would occur had THAT ever happened in say, 1996. Or when it did happen in 01. If you think that CU game didn't have a major factor in Solich getting ran out then I have a bridge to sell you.

But by all means, let's continue on this treadmill. I can't even call this a path, because in a path, one sees progress. After six years, Nebraska still loses the same amount of games a year, usually in embarrassing fashion on national television. After six years Nebraska is playing in the exact same bowl it was in year one of this grand reclamation project that didn't really exist. And after year six, let's loom forward a few years, because then! Then is when these young bucks will deliver us from Dante's third level with their transcendent play--only to see them do the same mental mistakes because there is something systemically being neglected within this program that is denying kids to learn.

And why? Why are Husker fans putting up with this? Because we're afraid to admit Tom Osborne may have made a bad hire? We shouldn't be, it's happened before.

Is it because Callahan ruined it for everyone? Got news people, we'll never fire anyone ever if the only hurdle is "he's better than Callahan".

Ultimately, it just fries me people want to bury people who want a change with scarlet letters like "agendas" and the like. The reality is, the goalposts are slowly being moved in Lincoln, and there is no reason for it. Take pride in your University, and it's commitment to winning, it's facilities and it's history. We don't deserve better, but we can damn sure take what we want.

You're almost out of your allotted use of the word "agenda" for today. Please refrain from using this word again until midnight, which at that time, you may resume the over use of it.

Thank you, have a nice day...

Oh, you wanted Husker fans to show up for the bowl game, Bowl Committee?

Yeah, scheduling a rematch probably wasn't the swellest of ideas, then.

One theory sure.

Then the article quotes the CEO of the company, and he's attributing most of it to "Bo Pelini drama"

Former player too. That's pretty damn telling.

louie.gif

It's not. I wouldn't say that his opinion is an agenda, but I bet it is misguided.

This charter jet owner/former player is likely a member of the N club. Which I'm pretty damn sure has more information about the athletic program of their choosing than any member of a anonymous message board.

I bet the N club does have access to more information about the athletic program than any member of an anonymous message board. But where is that information coming from? Does more information equate to better, accurate information? Or is it simply smoke and mirrors? If one person said that 80 people say they don't prefer chocolate cake that has been delivered, does that mean those 80 people don't like chocolate cake, or do some of those 80 people simply not like delivered, store-bought cakes? And if some of those people do just simply not like store bought cake, well...doesn't that diminish the accuracy of the original assumption?

To say nothing of the fact a former football player might have an opinion on how it's being run now. Or the ultimate goal of said program football player. Certainly he wouldn't be mad from the transition of things like conference championships and beyond to "not apologizing for 9/10 wins" within an hour of having ten touchdowns hung on them. And never mind the nuclear winter that would occur had THAT ever happened in say, 1996. Or when it did happen in 01. If you think that CU game didn't have a major factor in Solich getting ran out then I have a bridge to sell you.

So because they are mad equates their information to be 100% accurate? I'm not sure where you're going with this. Certainly he's disappointed with where we stand as a program, as many of us are. Doesn't make his opinion any more accurate than ours (see last bolded post)

But by all means, let's continue on this treadmill. I can't even call this a path, because in a path, one sees progress. After six years, Nebraska still loses the same amount of games a year, usually in embarrassing fashion on national television.

Agree.

After six years Nebraska is playing in the exact same bowl it was in year one of this grand reclamation project that didn't really exist.

How much of that is Nebraska's fault? Certainly, we could have won more games, which would more than likely guarantee us to be in a different bowl. But we had the season we had; it is certainly possible that we could have wound up in a different bowl and then this argument wouldn't really hold water.

And after year six, let's loom forward a few years, because then! Then is when these young bucks will deliver us from Dante's third level with their transcendent play--only to see them do the same mental mistakes because there is something systemically being neglected within this program that is denying kids to learn.

Why the speculation? Why are we basing things off of trends? Why can't we accept that college football does anything but follow trends? If trends held any water, Missouri and Auburn wouldn't've been in the SEC championship game this year. If trends held any water, Nebraska would have never fallen of the proverbial million foot cliff people say we've fallen from. If trends were trends, Osborne would have never won a national championship. If trends were trends, Nick Saban would have never won a national championship. We have just as much a chance of having a similar season next season as we do having a better or worse season.

And why? Why are Husker fans putting up with this? Because we're afraid to admit Tom Osborne May have made a bad hire? We shouldn't be, it's happened before.

Nope.

Nope.

I do take pride in my University, its commitment to winning, its facilities, and its history. I just refuse to blow the doors of something when those doors don't truly be deserved to be blown off. Bo has done nothing that warrants firing nor has he done anything that warrants retaining him. I think that what frustrates both sides, there's just not enough substantive proof for either side to confidently say, "we're right." We don't deserve better. For all the work that we put into the success of the football team, we don't deserve anything at all.

All I'm saying: just enjoy the ride.

You're almost out of your allotted use of the word "agenda" for today. Please refrain from using this word again until midnight, which at that time, you may resume the over use of it.

Adding a lot of insight again I see. Sharp fellow, you are.

Adding a lot of insight again I see. Sharp fellow, you are.

Not really, but you should be nicer, since the holidays are around the corner...

elmo-tl_dr.gif

Sorry, forgot to add that earlier...

continue...