Top 24 WR's in CFB

These are the best group of receivers I have seen at NU. BUT they have not reached the elite level yet. Watching the NFL last week they were showing some catches saying the "good ones" routinely make the routine catches and make a few "circus" catches per game. Our guys sometimes miss the routine amd very few circus style catches.

Some of the catching issues could be on the QB though in their defense.

now you know why Alshon Jeffery burned us.....

Kenny is going to have to be a possession type receiver.

He doesn't have the speed or the size.

However, i think that he can be a very good slot receiver.

When it comes to his emotional capabilities? Yes, he does become vocal on Twitter, but there are plenty of NFL players like that. He seems like a good dude, but lets not forget, he is a young guy.... maturing will come.

I think he can get himself in to the top 10 WR area.

These are the best group of receivers I have seen at NU. BUT they have not reached the elite level yet. Watching the NFL last week they were showing some catches saying the "good ones" routinely make the routine catches and make a few "circus" catches per game. Our guys sometimes miss the routine amd very few circus style catches.

Some of the catching issues could be on the QB though in their defense.

now you know why Alshon Jeffery burned us.....

Against my Cowboys he truly looked like a man amongst boys. That is what an NFL receiver looks like. It was evident when we played them. Our guys, IMO, not so much.

Shoot me for saying this but I havent been sold on any of our receivers yet. Enunwa dropped way to many balls that hit him in the hands. Bell idk just some thing about him doesn't look all that great to me either. Turner I was hoping would come around to be a beast but injuries and just the wrong type of offense for him to showcase. Now in all our receivers defense they are in the wrong offense to call them elite or great going by catches since we will never target a wr 100 times in a year for them to have the numbers.

Now as a wr strictly I like what Westerkamp looks to be bringing in terms of pass catching skills. He will be our leading reciever next year,

Kenny was slowed up at the end of.the year significantly. Watch him at the beginning of the year against UCLA and he left dudes grabbing air a couple times and was explosive. At the end he was just healthy enough to be on the field. Not near 100%. What type of offense are u referring to for Jamal Turner. I think our offense will fit him perfectly when he is healthy. I like westy but he lacks the pop of an elite wr. He will be solid for us next year though.

Kenny was slowed up at the end of.the year significantly. Watch him at the beginning of the year against UCLA and he left dudes grabbing air a couple times and was explosive. At the end he was just healthy enough to be on the field. Not near 100%. What type of offense are u referring to for Jamal Turner. I think our offense will fit him perfectly when he is healthy. I like westy but he lacks the pop of an elite wr. He will be solid for us next year though.

I still think he can't/won't play his best ball at the end of the year due to his size. He started to fade down the stretch last year as well which looks more like a trend.

I still think he can't/won't play his best ball at the end of the year due to his size. He started to fade down the stretch last year as well which looks more like a trend.

I would agree if his slowing down at the end of.the season was bumps and bruises. He pulled his groin. That

has nothing to do with size. Last season we had 3 wr and no depth, he did wear down. I think he is capable of handling the rigors of a season,it is just unfortunate him and Jamal had muscle pulls that hurt their season. I hope they prove some people wrong next year. It's a shame we didn't get to see this group tear up the B1G this year.

Through about the first 6 games Enunwa looked like an NFL receiver. Was catching almost everything and was playing very large. He really faded down the stretch though. He had like 7 TD passes in the first 4 games and he finished with 10 over the last for the season I think.

Bell just didn't have a great year due to injuries and Turner may as well have RS with as much as he played.

Hope this wan't already covered. Didn't see anything in the thread titles about this so if I'm wrong I apologize.

Kenny Bell cracks BR's top 24 WR list at #22.

Bell is a really good receiver who has taken more steps toward being a quality target in 2013. The junior works the underneath routes very well and understands how to use his body and burst.

Matt Miller's NFL Draft Projection

5th Rd.—Doesn't have speed, explosive ability of a top WR. (Future projection)

Just my opinion, but I think Bell has some growing to do, both mentally and physically, before he takes that next step.

I think Bell happened to be playing injured for a decent portion of the season.....

Ailing pains and aches have the potential to take away some speed......

Just a hunch....

No, I don't think it's a hunch. I think you're right, he was pretty beat up all year. Don't count me in those debating his speed. I think he needs to bulk up a bit. Some muscle mass would slow him down a bit, but he still has good feet, great route running when he gives the effort, and he has moves and vision. I just think he would get handled pretty easily in press coverage against DB's on the next level. He's a wiry guy. As far as the mental thing, I just think he pays too much attention to outside noise. Hopefully he learns soon that he shouldn't be allowing "others" to affect his mood so much.

Getting rid of twitter would solve a bunch of Bell's issues, if he indeed has them. But the fact that he doesn't, and it affects him, shows an underlying problem.

What is going on there also shows that Nebraska has some real jack azzes for fans.

He won't last in the NFL. He cares too much of what people think of him. wait til he gets to the NFL if he thinks it's bad now.

I disagree. He's just a very happy go lucky guy who is friends with everyone. He reminds me of my BIL who's from there. And when confronted they snap back a little but aren't mad about it. Its more a of a need to find out whats they guys problem is or why he things that way. Once they find out they move on.

He won't last in the NFL. He cares too much of what people think of him. wait til he gets to the NFL if he thinks it's bad now.

I disagree. He's just a very happy go lucky guy who is friends with everyone. He reminds me of my BIL who's from there. And when confronted they snap back a little but aren't mad about it. Its more a of a need to find out whats they guys problem is or why he things that way. Once they find out they move on.

so instead of just ignoring he lets it get to him. got it. Oh by the way when he is in the NFL and he gets a tweet saying "Go kill yourself". what's he going to think then? If you think it's bad now in college it's worse in the NFL when it becomes a full time job. He needs to not let it affect him and ignore it. Your comment saying once they find out they move on won't work. He's pretty damn lucky he's at a program where fans are a hell of a lot more nice and can hold back their tongue more. If anything has taught you about some fans is that they are ready to ruin their life for it, ala alabama vs lsu post game championship. He better hope he doesn't get drafted by philly.

so instead of just ignoring he lets it get to him. got it. Oh by the way when he is in the NFL and he gets a tweet saying "Go kill yourself". what's he going to think then? If you think it's bad now in college it's worse in the NFL when it becomes a full time job. He needs to not let it affect him and ignore it. Your comment saying once they find out they move on won't work. He's pretty damn lucky he's at a program where fans are a hell of a lot more nice and can hold back their tongue more. If anything has taught you about some fans is that they are ready to ruin their life for it, ala alabama vs lsu post game championship. He better hope he doesn't get drafted by philly.

This is silly. It is embarrassing that some of.our fans are compared to Philly fans and some want to.say Kenny Is soft instead of putting the blame on the 1% of fans who are idiots. Fans attacking kids on the internet are an insult to mankind and if a kid takes a swipe back he is soft and needs to ignore it? Thats ridiculous. I remember Niles Paul caught a lot of flack after a couple games where fans threatened him and it really got to him and he talked about how merciless fans can be. Niles plays in the NFL and seems to handle criticism and big boy fans just fine.

This is silly. It is embarrassing that some of.our fans are compared to Philly fans and some want to.say Kenny Is soft instead of putting the blame on the 1% of fans who are idiots. Fans attacking kids on the internet are an insult to mankind and if a kid takes a swipe back he is soft and needs to ignore it? Thats ridiculous. I remember Niles Paul caught a lot of flack after a couple games where fans threatened him and it really got to him and he talked about how merciless fans can be. Niles plays in the NFL and seems to handle criticism and big boy fans just fine.

I do agree it's sad the level of comments to what it has risen to against players. I wish Kenny the best but i am not blind to reality. I'm glad that Niles is handling it well in the NFL.