Eichorst drop ball

HANC

So now it was because of Eichorst that weve been nailing recruiting only after his endorsement of Bo. Not the fact that the regular season is over and recruiting can be put back in top gear? And Im sure it wasnt Bo and his staff that have been landing those commitments, no it had to be because there werent better options out there for them. Ugh....

The only explanation that makes sense is that Eichorst personally thinks Bo should be terminated, but got rejected by the few top coaching targets he might have called (e.g., Chris Peterson) or could not get booster support for the buy-out, and was forced to stick with Bo for the time being. In that case, the surprisingly positive endorsement at one of Pelini's worst times could be explained on the grounds of needing to save recruiting (which the endorsement obviously helped).

Wrong.

Your Pelini nut-hugging bias blinded you to what I said. Re-read it as though I'm being critical of Eichorst and not Bo.

I'll wait.

Your perception of me being a Pelini nut-hugger is blinding you to what I said. Re-read it as though I'm being critical of the word only when trying to explain a behavior.

I'll wait.

I know what you think: You think I said the only reason Eichorst came out and supported Bo is because he couldn't get a better coach or a green light on the buyout.

What I actually said is, that's the only reasonable explanation for why he waited so long to endorse Bo. I fully appreciate the possibility that Eichorst has terrible taste and actually thinks this dumpster fire of a coach is worth keeping. But if so, why the hell did he wait until after the Iowa mess (which was arguably caused in part by the tension Eichorst created) to say something? If Eichorst likes Bo, he should have said something earlier.

More importantly, do you have to take everything so goddamned literal? For f#*k's sake, "only" was a figure of speech, as if to say "the only explanation that makes sense to me" or that "I can think of" is . . . . Maybe I had too much faith in your reading comprehension.

You're hatred of Bo has reached a Jedi level, congratulations. Dumpster fire of a coach? You actually endorsed Mack Brown in another thread. Before I thought it was about wins and losses with you but clearly your anti bo stance is mote personal than that.

If we're going to lose 4 games a year, it'd be nice to not have the coach act like a complete ass on top of it.

As for Mack Brown, at least he (1) wouldn't act like a complete jackass and (2) isn't insistent on surrounding himself with sycophant, trainee assistants. Even if he only went 9-3 in the Big Ten, his demeanor alone would be a huge upgrade.

What is with this team and dropping balls?

Reading this, I just had an epiphany. Not a good one, but...It kind of goes along with how fans have been questioning the strength and conditioning program, and the practice regiment, especially in fall camp...

I couldn't for the life of me find statistics on injuries during fall camp during Bo's campaign. Unless I'm missing something, you'd probably have to read daily report archives, or just know what key players were getting injured over the past 6 years. The only person that came to mind was Jared Crick, and I don't even think his season-ending injury was pre-season. So there is a potential for Huskerboarders to shoot tons of holes in this, and that's fine. That said...

I remember during the Osborne years, there would be at least 1-2 injuries in fall camp, and at least one season-ending. You hated it, but you knew it was going to happen. Now don't think for a moment that I want any player to be injured. That should be obvious. But I recall (and former players do as well) that NU was constantly beating the holy sh*t out of each other in fall camp. You'd be hard-pressed to find any former Husker player that wanted to injure a teammate. But going all out was a staple. You did it to make yourself better, and you did it to make the guy across from you better. You did it to get on the field. I remember hearing stories about how they were all so tired of going to war against each other and wanted to play a game against someone else.

I don't really hear those stories much anymore.

And to be honest, I'm not sure it has anything to do with anything. It's just an observation. I guess my questions are 1) Are we practicing hard enough to be a proper, physical unit on the field game in and game out, and 2) Is there a gray area? If Osborne and McBride were practicing to the point of risking injury, Is it worth the reward? Is it just the roll of the dice no matter how little or how hard you practice?

You're hatred of Bo has reached a Jedi level, congratulations. Dumpster fire of a coach? You actually endorsed Mack Brown in another thread. Before I thought it was about wins and losses with you but clearly your anti bo stance is mote personal than that.

If we're going to lose 4 games a year, it'd be nice to not have the coach act like a complete ass on top of it.

As for Mack Brown, at least he (1) wouldn't act like a complete jackass and (2) isn't insistent on surrounding himself with sycophant, trainee assistants. Even if he only went 9-3 in the Big Ten, his demeanor alone would be a huge upgrade.

What has Bo done demeanor wise that has affected you personally? He players back him, the parents support hi. And even the AD has offered his support. I could give two shats about him yelling at a ref or an assistant. If he hells at a player they go out and play better afterwards. Sorry hes not the medias best friend Tim Miles. Hes a straight shooter when it comes to offering up his opinion. What does it hurt? Recruiting? Just landed a JUCO DT BECAUSE of his "antics" during the Iowa game. Ill admit his assistants leave something to be desired at times but hes avoiding a revolving door of coaches and that should help over the years. Lets put away the hate for an offseason, whaddaya say? No dice? Didnt think so.

What has Bo done demeanor wise that has affected you personally? He players back him, the parents support hi. And even the AD has offered his support. I could give two shats about him yelling at a ref or an assistant. If he hells at a player they go out and play better afterwards. Sorry hes not the medias best friend Tim Miles. Hes a straight shooter when it comes to offering up his opinion. What does it hurt? Recruiting? Just landed a JUCO DT BECAUSE of his "antics" during the Iowa game. Ill admit his assistants leave something to be desired at times but hes avoiding a revolving door of coaches and that should help over the years. Lets put away the hate for an offseason, whaddaya say? No dice? Didnt think so.

It hasn't done anything to affect me personally. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

With the rare exception, players always back their coach, even when undeserved. It's called "Stockholm Syndrome." What Bo's demeanor hurts is the enthusiasm for the program. Bo has alienated a large portion of the fan base with his "us versus you" mentality. He created the hostility by making it very clear he is at best apathetic about the fans and at worst hates our guts. The result is declining attendance, fans leaving games early, fans not traveling to see the team, etc. I've never felt more apathetic about the team than I do now, including during the Callahan years.

And remember: I used to love Bo Pelini and defended him against the people who called him a hothead. I was a Bo supporter. I was wrong.

• Fire 1

Bo has alienated a large portion of the fan base with his "us versus you" mentality. He created the hostility by making it very clear he is at best apathetic about the fans and at worst hates our guts.

And you measured this how? This is more about media exaggeration and probably personal opinion than anything.........

Bo has alienated a large portion of the fan base with his "us versus you" mentality. He created the hostility by making it very clear he is at best apathetic about the fans and at worst hates our guts.

And you measured this how? This is more about media exaggeration and probably personal opinion than anything.........

Measured what? The "large portion" of the fan base? Are you really going to dispute that the fan base is split?

It hasn't done anything to affect me personally. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

With the rare exception, players always back their coach, even when undeserved. It's called "Stockholm Syndrome." What Bo's demeanor hurts is the enthusiasm for the program. Bo has alienated a large portion of the fan base with his "us versus you" mentality. He created the hostility by making it very clear he is at best apathetic about the fans and at worst hates our guts. The result is declining attendance, fans leaving games early, fans not traveling to see the team, etc. I've never felt more apathetic about the team than I do now, including during the Callahan years.

And remember: I used to love Bo Pelini and defended him against the people who called him a hothead. I was a Bo supporter. I was wrong.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Measured what? The "large portion" of the fan base? Are you really going to dispute that the fan base is split?

Are there some who want Pelini gone? Yes. Do I believe it's a "large portion"? No.

You just used 'Stockholm Syndrome' in a football reference.