Eichorst drop ball

HANC

You're hatred of Bo has reached a Jedi level, congratulations. Dumpster fire of a coach? You actually endorsed Mack Brown in another thread. Before I thought it was about wins and losses with you but clearly your anti bo stance is mote personal than that.

If we're going to lose 4 games a year, it'd be nice to not have the coach act like a complete ass on top of it.

As for Mack Brown, at least he (1) wouldn't act like a complete jackass and (2) isn't insistent on surrounding himself with sycophant, trainee assistants. Even if he only went 9-3 in the Big Ten, his demeanor alone would be a huge upgrade.

What has Bo done demeanor wise that has affected you personally? He players back him, the parents support hi. And even the AD has offered his support. I could give two shats about him yelling at a ref or an assistant. If he hells at a player they go out and play better afterwards. Sorry hes not the medias best friend Tim Miles. Hes a straight shooter when it comes to offering up his opinion. What does it hurt? Recruiting? Just landed a JUCO DT BECAUSE of his "antics" during the Iowa game. Ill admit his assistants leave something to be desired at times but hes avoiding a revolving door of coaches and that should help over the years. Lets put away the hate for an offseason, whaddaya say? No dice? Didnt think so.

It hasn't done anything to affect me personally. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

With the rare exception, players always back their coach, even when undeserved. It's called "Stockholm Syndrome." What Bo's demeanor hurts is the enthusiasm for the program. Bo has alienated a large portion of the fan base with his "us versus you" mentality. He created the hostility by making it very clear he is at best apathetic about the fans and at worst hates our guts. The result is declining attendance, fans leaving games early, fans not traveling to see the team, etc. I've never felt more apathetic about the team than I do now, including during the Callahan years.

And remember: I used to love Bo Pelini and defended him against the people who called him a hothead. I was a Bo supporter. I was wrong.

You sure do post a lot about the team for someone who is apathetic about the team. :lol:

• Fire 3

Hujan, I believe your interpritation of Bo's feelings towards the fans is off base. He doesnt dislike us. He dislikes being criticized by the group of people who enjoy being miserable, those who want to blame him for everything that goes wrong. The attendance is fine but the early exits are unrelated to Bo, youre reaching with that one. If we were winning by 60 or down by 30 youd stil see the early exits. Only when the game is close do the stands stay full. And that doesnt just happen here.

I can appreciate you feel jaded that in 6 years Bo hasnt delivered a conference title and has done some things demeanor wise to push you away. But the level youve seem to taken it to is unnecessary. Calling him a human dumpster fire is just disrespectful to the man who like it or not is the coach of the team you claim to cherish. No you dont have to like Bo, but not every thread/comment needs to be about how awful of a person he is.

Maybe this has been discussed... I was out of the country the entire week following the Iowa game. If so, I apologize.

This is NOT a debate on whether or not he should have kept Bo or not.....that has been brought up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times....even in topics that don't concern it.

My question: I understand that the AD has his own "philosophy" or "methodology" concerning evaluating and discussing HC job "during" the season. I respect that, but in this case, does anyone feel as if maybe Eichorst's ideals hurt the program. Here is my take....

Eichhorst OBVIOUSLY has his mind made up many weeks ago that he was going to keep Bo.... if not, Bo would be gone... my goodness, the last week could NOT have gone any worse...with the home loss to Iowa (boarder war), 15 yd penalty for antics on sideline and post-game meltdown (which I actually supported because I think media is too blame for entire situation)...... with all that happened, Bo gave him every reason to pull the trigger, yet he supported him. This tells me that his mind was already made up..

Under that presumption (sp), with the fire storm that the local media decided to drum up concerning Bo's status during the last month..... NOBODY but the media fed this fire...... I truly believe that Eichorst should have put "his protocol" aside for the betterment of "his program"... by saying nothing at all, I really think that if effected recruiting, caused unsettlement in the locker room (distraction for players AND coaches).... both which could have impacted the team in a negative manner.

Just look at the number of recruits who have verballed in the last 2 weeks, once kids found out that Bo was safe...... how many guys cooled on us during the last month while everything was up in the air? ..... and players and coaches alike mentioned that the uncertainty was a distraction inside the locker room....... when in all reality, according to the way things played out, there really wasn't any uncertainty at all.

Eichorst could have solved A LOT of this crap with a simple statement saying that Bo was his guy and at the least visited with the team / coaches reassuring them that this was the case.

At some point, a leader must put aside his own agenda for the betterment of the cause. I don't think that Eichorst did this at all, and he has a little to learn about being an AD.

I know that many will disagree, but that is what debate is all about.

I don't mean for this to be a "negative"..."downer" topic, (that seems to be all we have had the past weeks), but rather just a debate on whether or not Eichorst handled the situation right or wrong in your opinions.

Well said. You have to wonder how this guy even got the job. Who the heck is he anyway, and why is he here?

Maybe this has been discussed... I was out of the country the entire week following the Iowa game. If so, I apologize.

This is NOT a debate on whether or not he should have kept Bo or not.....that has been brought up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times....even in topics that don't concern it.

My question: I understand that the AD has his own "philosophy" or "methodology" concerning evaluating and discussing HC job "during" the season. I respect that, but in this case, does anyone feel as if maybe Eichorst's ideals hurt the program. Here is my take....

Eichhorst OBVIOUSLY has his mind made up many weeks ago that he was going to keep Bo.... if not, Bo would be gone... my goodness, the last week could NOT have gone any worse...with the home loss to Iowa (boarder war), 15 yd penalty for antics on sideline and post-game meltdown (which I actually supported because I think media is too blame for entire situation)...... with all that happened, Bo gave him every reason to pull the trigger, yet he supported him. This tells me that his mind was already made up..

Under that presumption (sp), with the fire storm that the local media decided to drum up concerning Bo's status during the last month..... NOBODY but the media fed this fire...... I truly believe that Eichorst should have put "his protocol" aside for the betterment of "his program"... by saying nothing at all, I really think that if effected recruiting, caused unsettlement in the locker room (distraction for players AND coaches).... both which could have impacted the team in a negative manner.

Just look at the number of recruits who have verballed in the last 2 weeks, once kids found out that Bo was safe...... how many guys cooled on us during the last month while everything was up in the air? ..... and players and coaches alike mentioned that the uncertainty was a distraction inside the locker room....... when in all reality, according to the way things played out, there really wasn't any uncertainty at all.

Eichorst could have solved A LOT of this crap with a simple statement saying that Bo was his guy and at the least visited with the team / coaches reassuring them that this was the case.

At some point, a leader must put aside his own agenda for the betterment of the cause. I don't think that Eichorst did this at all, and he has a little to learn about being an AD.

I don't mean for this to be a "negative"..."downer" topic, (that seems to be all we have had the past weeks), but rather just a debate on whether or not Eichorst handled the situation right or wrong in your opinions.

Well said. You have to wonder how this guy even got the job. Who the heck is he anyway, and why is he here?s,

politics.......as always.

Well said. You have to wonder how this guy even got the job. Who the heck is he anyway, and why is he here?s,

politics.......as always.

I heard it was this

You're hatred of Bo has reached a Jedi level, congratulations. Dumpster fire of a coach? You actually endorsed Mack Brown in another thread. Before I thought it was about wins and losses with you but clearly your anti bo stance is mote personal than that.

If we're going to lose 4 games a year, it'd be nice to not have the coach act like a complete ass on top of it.

As for Mack Brown, at least he (1) wouldn't act like a complete jackass and (2) isn't insistent on surrounding himself with sycophant, trainee assistants. Even if he only went 9-3 in the Big Ten, his demeanor alone would be a huge upgrade.

What has Bo done demeanor wise that has affected you personally? He players back him, the parents support hi. And even the AD has offered his support. I could give two shats about him yelling at a ref or an assistant. If he hells at a player they go out and play better afterwards. Sorry hes not the medias best friend Tim Miles. Hes a straight shooter when it comes to offering up his opinion. What does it hurt? Recruiting? Just landed a JUCO DT BECAUSE of his "antics" during the Iowa game. Ill admit his assistants leave something to be desired at times but hes avoiding a revolving door of coaches and that should help over the years. Lets put away the hate for an offseason, whaddaya say? No dice? Didnt think so.

It hasn't done anything to affect me personally. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

With the rare exception, players always back their coach, even when undeserved. It's called "Stockholm Syndrome." What Bo's demeanor hurts is the enthusiasm for the program. Bo has alienated a large portion of the fan base with his "us versus you" mentality. He created the hostility by making it very clear he is at best apathetic about the fans and at worst hates our guts. The result is declining attendance, fans leaving games early, fans not traveling to see the team, etc. I've never felt more apathetic about the team than I do now, including during the Callahan years.

And remember: I used to love Bo Pelini and defended him against the people who called him a hothead. I was a Bo supporter. I was wrong.

I don't believe ALL the players back him, There are some vocal players that support him, but how many players do not support him, but keep their mouth shut? It is easy to speak out in support of a coach, but difficult to speak out when you do not suport him.

I don't believe ALL the players back him, There are some vocal players that support him, but how many players do not support him, but keep their mouth shut? It is easy to speak out in support of a coach, but difficult to speak out when you do not suport him.

Players who fall under this category often transfer on their own.