Ghost Stories

• 2 weeks later...

This story is via my wife:

My wifes mother had a brother pass away last year and they were very close. She has a monthly tradition of sending a mass text to all her family members each month that is like a little haiku poem about a rabbit. After her brother passed she never deleted him out of the group text. One day after sending it she received a message along the kines of hop hop hop from her brothers phone number. The number was no longer in service and until recently was unused, nobody could figure out why or how she received the text.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

I was talking to a guy who used to work as a waiter at a restaurant in a 100+ year old building three blocks down the street from my office. He was telling about a bunch of weird, unexplainable stuff that happens there. Big pans falling off the kitchen counter when no one is in the room. Downstairs doors opening and slamming (no open windows). Shadows moving around down the hall when no one is around. He swears the place is haunted. I'm not sure I believe in all that stuff. But I think the guy is being honest. It makes me want to investigate. :lol:

I was talking to a guy who used to work as a waiter at a restaurant in a 100+ year old building three blocks down the street from my office. He was telling about a bunch of weird, unexplainable stuff that happens there. Big pans falling off the kitchen counter when no one is in the room. Downstairs doors opening and slamming (no open windows). Shadows moving around down the hall when no one is around. He swears the place is haunted. I'm not sure I believe in all that stuff. But I think the guy is being honest. It makes me want to investigate. :lol:

I was the same way. Didn't quite believe it but yet fascinated by the stories and experiences others had. Once I went to Villisca and seen first hand a door slamming shut. Hearing voices on tape recorders that shouldn't be there. Made me a believer and wanting to find more evidence. If you ever get a chance to investigate it, I recommend you go for it.

I love this stuff...I really do...But, why do the lights have to be off? I mean, they are ghosts.

I don't know if there is an exact reason for this. But with me it makes me more aware of my surroundings. Plus when you take away one of your senses, you become more aware of the other senses. So when it's dark and you can't see as well. You notice sounds, feelings and smells easier. Since you are paying more attention to them. Which is the same reason the investigations are normally done at night. Thats when most people rest and you don't have background noise as much. Making it easier to pay attention to the unusual or unexplained events that might happen.

There might be some weird air pressure things going on, or mystical spirits from beyond the grave interested in opening doors.