1620 The Zone Round Table Discussion

teachercd

Sipple can't believe people are allowed to post anonymously on the internet and believes this shouldn't exist.

I agree, actually.

I think it would be a significantly healthier and kinder climate if people had to register with their actual names.

Message boards and comment sections would pretty much cease to exist if people were forced to use their real names. Maybe not completely but most people would refrain from posting anything imo.

Message boards and comment sections would pretty much cease to exist if people were forced to use their real names. Maybe not completely but most people would refrain from posting anything imo.

If I am Husker Football God and I have to choose between dissolving every messageboard and comment section and public avenue or allowing an environment that has the potential to cultivate personal and character assassinations, baseless and harmful speculation and posturing, and death threats towards coaches and 18-23 year old kids, it's an easy choice.

Not saying that is the reality of it all the time. Obviously I enjoy the boards because I am here and have been a long time. But they can easily become cancerous, and a big reason why is that people are allowed to say whatever they want for the most part, without being held accountable.

• Fire 1

OWH used to have Voice from the Grandstands. That was the VERY limited message board of years past. I wonder how many letters they got at the office and said to themselves... this has NO CHANCE of making the column.

I wrote in once and it got published... I used a pseudonym. I was around 12 at the time so I'm not sure why I cared about my anonymity. I wish I could remember what I wrote.

Sipple can't believe people are allowed to post anonymously on the internet and believes this shouldn't exist.

I agree, actually.

I think it would be a significantly healthier and kinder climate if people had to register with their actual names.

Yeah, let's just keep it like it is--where only Big Brother NSA knows really who's who on the Interwebz. :lol:

• Fire 1

From Wikipedia

Jumping the shark is an idiom created by Jon Hein that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery, which is usually a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep viewers' interest. Its name is taken from a scene from a fifth season episode of the sit-com Happy Days when the character Fonzie jumps over a shark on water-skis.

T-Fraz said he was starting a clothing line...wow

I heard there were some "fireworks" after the first break but I do not know what those were.

Tommy Frazier has jumped the shark.

What does "jumped the shark" mean?

It's a reference to the show "Happy Days." In an episode, Fonzie jumped a shark tank with his motorcycle (IIRC) and the show was said to be over at that point.

Edit: St.PaulHusker has a more complete posting. Water skis? Really? I'm getting old.