My journey to drop the weight

Consume fewer calories than you use for an extended period of time. Everything else is optional and entirely dependent upon what you can enjoy or tolerate doing. This sh#t's real simple, keep it that way. A lot of people make a lot of money making it seem much more complicated than it is.

It's not entirely that simple, there are plenty of little nuances. Plateaus and how you overcome them, eating enough so you don't screw up your metabolism and general health, and of course the hardest part which is the mental side of things.

It's entirely that simple. If you're eating less than you use it's basically impossible to plateau.

That's usually a matter of people thinking they still use as many calories as they did when they were, say, 30 lbs heavier, for instance. Adjust accordingly and it shouldn't be a problem.

Consume fewer calories than you use for an extended period of time. Everything else is optional and entirely dependent upon what you can enjoy or tolerate doing. This sh#t's real simple, keep it that way. A lot of people make a lot of money making it seem much more complicated than it is.

It's not entirely that simple, there are plenty of little nuances. Plateaus and how you overcome them, eating enough so you don't screw up your metabolism and general health, and of course the hardest part which is the mental side of things.

It's entirely that simple. If you're eating less than you use it's basically impossible to plateau.

That's usually a matter of people thinking they still use as many calories as they did when they were, say, 30 lbs heavier, for instance. Adjust accordingly and it shouldn't be a problem.

That is one of the cool things about the app I used. I didn't realize it did this for a while. But, as I lost weight, it would lower the number of calories I would burn with whatever exercise I was doing. If you consume well below what you burn, you will lose weight. The biggest thing the app did for me was that it would slap me in the face with real data about what I was shoving in my face. After a while, the mental side takes over and you stop craving those things that are so high in calories.

I really don't want to muddle Minnesota's thread anymore so I'll just say that in theory yes you are correct.

• 3 months later...

This is my first time ever viewing this thread but thanks everyone for the contributions.

Since sophomore year of college I have always hovered a little over 200, whilst eating absolute garbage all the time and not being all that physically active. Even once I was out of school I still stayed around the same weight, and even after getting my wisdom teeth taken out and drinking nothing but fruit smoothies for a week and a half, I didn't lose a single pound.

But I've been gaining a bit of weight over the last 8-10 months. I'm sure part of it is just my habits catching up with me, but I think a big part of it has been a physiological response to stress and anxiety in my life as well.

Anyways, I was back home for the weekend and stepped on my mom's scale. I weigh 246 pounds. Anyone that was at the tailgate is probably surprised by this because I'm a thicker guy but I don't look anywhere near that amount of weight.

So I've been fasting from fast food and pop for the last few weeks, trying to eat less, and have been playing basketball and going for runs. Never thought I'd be on a concentrated weight loss kick, but here I am.

I weigh 246 pounds. Anyone that was at the tailgate is probably surprised by this because I'm a thicker guy but I don't look anywhere near that amount of weight.

I am very surprised by that. You don't look that at all. You looked in decent shape.

Not True2trA shape (that guy is a brick s**thouse), but not overweight.

• Fire 1

I weigh 246 pounds. Anyone that was at the tailgate is probably surprised by this because I'm a thicker guy but I don't look anywhere near that amount of weight.

I am very surprised by that. You don't look that at all. You looked in decent shape.

I honestly thought True was made partially out of bricks.. or other bionic pieces.

This all being said.. I need to change up my workout for when i move... i failed.. big time.. as the tailgate guys can attest, i am still fat.

Hard as we are about to move, but once i get up to MN, i am planning on going back to basketball/lifting.

MMA was fun but my schedule was too hectic to make room for it.

I honestly thought it was a typo... :(

How tall are you, LL?

6'1" - Pic for reference because I don't know where the hell all that weight is (note: i know "lol landlord selfies" is a thing but i literally took this with the exact purpose of referencing my weight so STEP OFF)

tumblr_n4abthxMCJ1qecwhjo1_500.jpg

I think you need to try a different scale. You don't look close to 246.