2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

I personally would like to see an alternate outside the relatively simple alternates we've had the last two years. IMHO jerseys have very little impact on the game. They may motivate the team early on, but as the game plays out football becomes football again. The players love em, they're becoming more popular and they make things more interesting. While I understand the argument of maintaining tradition (and agree with it to some extent), I have absolutely no problem switching things up occasionally.

I think we've moved in the right direction with them, too. Not counting the throwback unis, the alternates we wore against Wisky were pretty below average. Couldn't see the numbers and the solid red was kinda boring. Last year, we went with the black and I loved the red/black fade on the facemasks. If we continue with alternates, which I hope we do, I hope it gets even better.

I'm not against skipping the alternate stuff entirely, but if we do it for one game again, I think we need to stand out. Do something entirely different with the helmet and uniform as opposed to just modifying it a little and splashing in some black.

tgdsyxk.jpg

That might be the single coolest helmet I have ever seen!!

This would look great on a t-shirt but I'm sorry, I do not like it on any part of the uni's! You might as well put Lil' Red on there. I can't imagine any player wanting a cartoon character wearing a cowboy hat on their helmet. Just saying.

I'm not against skipping the alternate stuff entirely, but if we do it for one game again, I think we need to stand out. Do something entirely different with the helmet and uniform as opposed to just modifying it a little and splashing in some black.

tgdsyxk.jpg

This would look great on a t-shirt but I'm sorry, I do not like it on any part of the uni's! You might as well put Lil' Red on there. I can't imagine any player wanting a cartoon character wearing a cowboy hat on their helmet. Just saying.

OK State says differently

post-11980-0-68191800-1387570966.jpeg

NCCommemorate1.jpg

Like the concept but not a fan of the years on the leg or really anywhere else on the uniform. Makes it look too much like we are living in the past.

One thing I would like to see on our regular unis is an outline of the state of Nebraska on the back of the jersey above the player's name. Several teams do it and I think it's cool.

• Fire 1

tgdsyxk.jpg

OK State says differently

Okie State's are horrible. The Herbie helmet is much better than okie state, but I still don't think players would like them. I'm sure the Ok state players don't like theirs either. I could be wrong. IMO

To be honest I think the OkiSt helmets are hideous. I like our concept though. Make it a white helmet and red herbie with jersey number on other side of the helmet. Pair the lid with a solid white jersey and white pants and red stripes and I think weve got a hell of an alternate road uni.

Im not a graphic designer so somebody else will have to generate that image.

The thing that always bugs me about the alternate uni's that we wear... is that they never live up to the ones I see on this board. Seriously, can someone at Addidas or our Athletic Department get a clue already. Alternate Uni's are alot like jumping out of an airplane; you cannot be half commited to it... it has to be all or nothing. If we are gonna do it, do it. No more sacred cows please.

Okie State's are horrible. The Herbie helmet is much better than okie state, but I still don't think players would like them. I'm sure the Ok state players don't like theirs either. I could be wrong. IMO

I completely disagree with you, and I think these players would like almost ANYTHING that is out of the normal.

I like the alternate uni's one time a year. It makes these players excited and feel revamped. For those of you who don't think so, you obviously don't see, hear or read their expressions towards it. I was against it at the beginning, but its not about what I want. If the players like it, that is all that matters.

I would honestly love to see an all white jersey, with a metallic red helmet, shoes and numbers. Red metallic helmet with a matte white "N", or even the Herbie sketch on the black/red helmet.