...the final straw will be a blowout against short-handed Georgia

How's about we just play the game first and go from there?

I am hopeful that Nebraska brings an SEC scalp home for the B1G. Then let the media explains why an 8-4 SEC team gets rated and not an 8-4 B1G team.

Because Nebraska isn't one of the top 25 teams in the nation

It's amazing how much vitriol the simple posting of a set of numbers can generate.

I am neither pimping for Bo OR stumping to get him fired.

Posting a quote from another source did not imply endorsement of the writer's view or a rebuttal of the schedule strength, etc.

It was, as I stated at the onset, "On the other hand".........some more facts to consider in the discussion.

As others have lamented lately..............few minds seemed to be changed anymore on HuskerBoard by postings.

But, one would think that the purpose of any discussion should be, at a minimum, a reasoned look at both sides of an argument.

Too bad we seemed to have discarded that threshold in the "BO" threads.

• Fire 2

TheSker: It has been repeated many times that at the start of Bo's tenure he didn't recruit much or put that much emphasis on it. Now that he has it shouldn't be counted as an improvement if he never did it in the first place. As far as the offensive line coach did it really matter? teams still quite frequently got behind our line.

I think some might believe that Garrison has made a difference as OL coach. Abdullah certainly had a nice season with this OL.

Agreed......, Bo's comments about S&C being fine are more worrisome. His stubborn attitude gets in the way of allowing him to stand back and evaluate any one part of the Husker program rationally. This is one of his biggest downfalls. Unfortunately I don't see that trait going away.

On a side note: I think we have a good chance to win this game especially if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

I hope we don't get blown out by UGA because I'm going to the game. Being from the panhandle of Florida, I don't get to see many NU games (I've seen Nebraska play once back in 2003 @ So Miss) so I'm finally getting another chance to see them and they'd better not squander it...or else (I'll do nothing but be pissy driving 5 hours back home from Jacksonville). That said, UGA is a good football team that is a lot better than their record, I'm afraid. Even without Murray, they're a good football team. They dealt with a lot of injuries this year but still managed to be competitive in every game with their only "big" loss coming from Mizzou by 15. I'm hopeful we show up and play well because I'd love to move past all the coaching talk and also I'd like to get to 9 wins.....again.

How many of the above ten have won conference championships, played in BCS games and won those, how many have won MNC. Bo is a leach hanging on that list. Has no real claim to be there, other than weak victories over weak teams.

You can knock the job Pelini has done all you like.....it's the beauty of the internet.....but there are many coaches who have the opportunity to pick up wins over "weak" teams that don't get it done. As I believe the poster Mavric has written before....if it was easy, the list would not be so short.

And I would bet the rent that any of those other coaches would have gone better than 8-4 had you given them Nebraska's schedule this year.

Same players too?

I hope we don't get blown out by UGA because I'm going to the game. Being from the panhandle of Florida, I don't get to see many NU games (I've seen Nebraska play once back in 2003 @ So Miss) so I'm finally getting another chance to see them and they'd better not squander it...or else (I'll do nothing but be pissy driving 5 hours back home from Jacksonville). That said, UGA is a good football team that is a lot better than their record, I'm afraid. Even without Murray, they're a good football team. They dealt with a lot of injuries this year but still managed to be competitive in every game with their only "big" loss coming from Mizzou by 15. I'm hopeful we show up and play well because I'd love to move past all the coaching talk and also I'd like to get to 9 wins.....again.

i agree with the Mizzou comment, the tigers would have hung 50 on the Huskers.

If I was a betting man, I would bet the farm that Fox gets more of these predictions wrong than they get right?

I don't care enough to track these predictions but I think after the first day of bowls, they were already wrong more than right?

Agreed, but you missed the point I was making, which is: Georgia is not one of the top 25 teams in the country, either, yet there they are...

We needed a miracle to beat Northwestern. Auburn needed a miracle to beat Georgia. Somewhere in that is a rational argument for why things are the way they are.

Agreed, but you missed the point I was making, which is: Georgia is not one of the top 25 teams in the country, either, yet there they are...

We needed a miracle to beat Northwestern. Auburn needed a miracle to beat Georgia. Somewhere in that is a rational argument for why things are the way they are.

So, by the using the 'Transitive Properties of Teams and Results Theory of Collegiate Football ', this means that Nebraska will be beat by 50+ points, right?