...the final straw will be a blowout against short-handed Georgia

Fans hoping to see Nebraska get blown out are pathetic... Support the team... It isn't the end of the world if Pelini wins and is successful..

I looked and couldn't find any post said that said they were hoping for a blowout.

There had been posters saying they wanted the team to lose to Iowa so Bo would have to be fired.

in what way has Bo shown to improve in any area of being a head coach? there is no reason to get excited cause we know what games will be lost and will be one and the ones that are a coin flip. in what way are the huskers playing Nebraska football? We can't even get the fundamentals down. I think some are just tired of the same season every year no matter who we have in the lineup. there are no lows or highs. The thought of losing starts to cross minds just so it's easier to get a head coach that won't be scared to come here. However if we fire a coach that wins there is a little more reluctance for potential candidates to come here. One thing I know is i'm tired of seeing the same sh#t every year.

• Fire 1
Fans hoping to see Nebraska get blown out are pathetic... Support the team... It isn't the end of the world if Pelini wins and is successful..

I looked and couldn't find any post said that said they were hoping for a blowout.

Fingers crossed!

Well........crap.

I guess that makes me OK? I've (obviously) fallen out of love with Pelini but I'd prefer it if NU wins on New Years Day

• Fire 1

I want us to win the Gator Bowl, and look good doing so.

If this talented Husker squad puts together a complete game in what some are considering a meaningless bowl, I will give Bo Pelini all the credit in the world.

If we lose, and look lifeless in doing so, a third-tier coach will start looking a lot better to me.

But unless he actually bites the face of a sideline reporter, Bo will be back for Season Seven.

Like every Year End list, this one is chock full of hyperbole and padding. But iit is revealing that that hot seat status of our hot-headed coach is the first thing that comes to mind when discussing a Nebraska football game.

TheSker: It has been repeated many times that at the start of Bo's tenure he didn't recruit much or put that much emphasis on it. Now that he has it shouldn't be counted as an improvement if he never did it in the first place. As far as the offensive line coach did it really matter? teams still quite frequently got behind our line.

TheSker: It has been repeated many times that at the start of Bo's tenure he didn't recruit much or put that much emphasis on it. Now that he has it shouldn't be counted as an improvement if he never did it in the first place. As far as the offensive line coach did it really matter? teams still quite frequently got behind our line.

I think some might believe that Garrison has made a difference as OL coach. Abdullah certainly had a nice season with this OL.

I find it interesting that this is coming from national media vs local media.

A lot of people on this board like to bash Dirk and the local media who speculate on Bo's job. This little jab comes from the national media.

Not aimed at GratefulRed specifically - You guys back home just don't get it. People outside of Nebraska see Pelini as a joke and a hot head - Nebraska as a brand has been damaged. Call your friends outside of Nebraska and ask them what the barbershop discussions or water cooler talk says. A lot of folks on this board have been ignoring "National" implications of keeping Bo around all year long or rather all years long. Happy Holidays!

1) Nick Saban, Alabama, 72

2) Chris Peterson, Boise State, 68

3) Bob Stoops, Oklahoma, 62

4) Gary Patterson, TCU, 58

5) Les Miles, LSU, 60

6-7) Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State, 59

6-7) Brian Kelly, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, 59

8) Urban Meyer, Florida, Ohio State, 58

9) Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech, 57

10) Bo Pelini, Nebraska, 56

Numbers don’t lie. They frame historical perspective. Hope you enjoyed this little history lesson. It heightens my interest in the bowl rematch. How about yours?

You forgot one important thing. All coaches for #1 thru #9 for above listing, I believe no blowout losses, weak losses like Gophers and Iowa and embarrassing behavior. Way too many apologies.

Bobby Knight was successful too but eventually fired. Bo's status is thin ice.