Michigan's loss is an embarrassment to the Big 10

Not really. Mizzou and A&M suddenly are top 10 programs?

We beat them pretty routinely. You know why they're suddenly contenders? SEC wins are worth *2, based on genuine opinion and espin. Oh...also, it might be easier to find ways to add additional enticement for top shelf recruits down there. Just speculating.

No mention of Gardner being absent?

It was Michigan's defense that was most embarrassing. People understood that the offense might not do so great without Gardner, but the defense can't play that sh#tty if they wanted any chance at winning.

Not to mention, the offense was playing well early, but Borges crapped his pants twice inside the 10 yard line with play calling (Watson, Beck style). Michigan's first 2 drives were tremendous until they got in the red zone. Then they went shotgun with straight dropbacks and failed. Unacceptable.

Haha...just read the thread. Cripes. I gotta get into the press...people will believe friggin anything.

If we played in the SEC, or if it was PSU or MSU or OSU...hell, all four: We'd all be in the top 15. Because we'd lose some like we did this year, but we'd also win a game at S Carolina and Georgia and play that late season garbage team the SEC slips in there and guess what?

It's all bullsh#t, straight...up. Those teams are overrated. They're good, but not as good as the rankings say every year.

A 9:30 game against KSU is not the bellwether for the state of BIG football.

See y'all in another month. Gack.

• Fire 1

At least we can say, "Hey, at least we're not Michigan"

Right, because we've never lost badly on the national stage and have a stellar record in bowls lately. They lost. They suck. Who cares. It really does not affect us one way or another. We could have been thrown into this statement several times since joining the conference, let's hope our bowl isn't another one.

Jesus H. Christ. Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Just trying to lighten the mood.

Let's wait until OSU drops a winnable game against Clemson and Wisconsin and Michigan State lose their coinflip games and Nebraska and Iowa get run out of the house by SEC teams before we go all gloom an doom, okay? But after that happens, yes, let's go nuts. Big Ten is terrible and we knew this before bowl season.

• Fire 3

When the conference keeps taking a beating, it certainly does effect us. If the perception is the B1G is weak, then the bowl season turns out bad, our strength of schedule will suffer the next year. Which is a very important factor in determining who will play in the new playoff. The B1G needs to do well, or at least be average. So far though, it's not happening.

I never get the statement, "If the perception is the B1G is weak."

I think the B1G sucks. I believed this before the season began. This has nothing to do with perception.

Michigan's defense was about as Jeckyl and Hyde as their offense was all season.

They weren't a very good team. At least Kansas State had that defense and just needed to find a heartbeat on offense. If I had been thinking properly, I would've seen this one coming. It sucks for the conference, but Michigan is not a very good team, and they had a true freshman starting his first game.

Like tschu said, let's wait until New Year's Day before we start jumping off cliffs. It'd be much more impressive if Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State/Ohio State win their games than Michigan losing by 3 scores to Kansas State.

Whether that happens...

You done smoked yourself retarded. Your last 2 posts are completely off the wall and have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Here, let me connect the dots for you with a crayon: If a team in a major conference plays well for an entire season, then they can (and will) rise above their surroundings.

The Big 8 was often called "the Big 2, Little Six", but that might have been before your time, so I'll give you a pass on that. The point was, (and is) that the reputation and respect afforded Nebraska and Oklahoma wasn't attached to how well the "Little Six" did, because Nebraska and Oklahoma could jump the fence and beat up anyone in the (then) Pac-10, SEC, or Big 10 more often than not...and EVERYBODY knew it.

Here's the modern version of what I said above: Florida State is playing for the National Championship, even though they reside in the ACC...no one is saying they suck because most of their conference has five or more losses...because they can jump the fence and come pay your team a visit...

Hope this is clear enough for you and the guy who likes "wrasslin"...

...bottom line this "our conference sucks so we do too" sounds Texas/Aggie/SEC and beneath us.

• Fire 1

Not really. Mizzou and A&M suddenly are top 10 programs?

Missouri, maybe. Aggie, not even close. My point was that Texas U. thinks that what success those two have had is theirs to share by some weird connectivity because they are used to be in the same conference with them, so every SEC team Missouri and A&M gives them some sort of glory by overspray. (Go look at Shaggybevo sometime and see for yourself)

I see similarities in the Longhorns dysfunctional logic and the gloom of Husker fans because Michigan lost to Kansas State. If we want to go full Longhorn, then we should be crowing that we share in the KSU win because we played more against KSU than Michigan, and those numerous beatdowns we gave them made the Wildcats tough enough to beat the Wolverines...

...that is, IF we want to go full Longhorn...I don't. I'm in between full Longhorn and "Michigan sucks, so we suck by proxy!"