Michigan's loss is an embarrassment to the Big 10

I'm not embarrassed. It's a middle-to-low-tier bowl between two 7-5 teams:

-Team one: Starting QB out, lost 5 of its last 7 games and has a mediocre coach.

-Team two: Won 5 of its last 7 games and has one of the best coaches in the nation.

We all knew Michigan wasn't a good team. Sucks that it's just another B1G team to lose a game but I think you guys are paying to much attention to it because of your familiarity with K-State.

Minnesota, a team that beat us, losing to Syracuse, does say something about us and the B1G conference. Michigan, widely acknowledged as our best victory of the season, getting abused by KSU, does say something about our team and our conference. Problem is that many of us already realized just how poor our team and conference is. Some others just don't realize how bad we are and still others are just tired of having it pointed out. Our team is what it is and so is our conference. Nuff said.

This ↑ +1

Sad performances so far for the B1G.

Minnesota, a team that beat us, losing to Syracuse, does say something about us and the B1G conference. Michigan, widely acknowledged as our best victory of the season, getting abused by KSU, does say something about our team and our conference. Problem is that many of us already realized just how poor our team and conference is. Some others just don't realize how bad we are and still others are just tired of having it pointed out. Our team is what it is and so is our conference. Nuff said.

This ↑ +1

Sad performances so far for the B1G.

Minnesota beating Nebraska and losing, NU beating Michigan and having them loose their bowl... these are reasons that Nebraska fans might feel embarassed, not reasons for the B1G as a whole.

Even then I wouldn't feel that "embarassed" because the transitive property doesn't exist in college football. The bowl results don't necessarily mean that KSU and NU are even or that Syracuse would beat NU.

As a B1G fan both bowls went down pretty much like I expected and I'm not embarassed by either. There are only three games that open us up to embarassment in my opinion and that's Cap One, Rose and Orange. Bad losses in one of those would hurt since they're all more or less even.

Bucky; while appreciate your thoughts here, anytime a B1G team looks like Mich did (Not wanting to be there) and gets exposed like they did from a mid level big 12 team, it hurts all B1G teams. I am not looking at transitive properties at all, just the overall picture that the B1G has troubles winning the bowl games. As for Syracuse game, Minnesota was playing better at the end of the season than they showed in that bowl game. Didn't MSU and Northwestern demolish Syracuse earlier in the year? No, I am not looking at transitive properties here just looking at final product?

If you guys win, we win and MSU wins, yes, that will help the ending result!

If we all three lose, hide the knives at the Delany residence!

I never understood why fans of college team want the teams in their own conference to do well in their bowl games. I guess it would be "good for the conference" as a whole. But, as a Nebraska fan, I want Michigan, Ohio State, and our competition to do as poorly as possible in their bowl games, because that means they wouldn't be "as good" and it could help Nebraska in recruiting. Those are just my thoughts. Also, the Big 10 totally sucks.

I never understood why fans of college team want the teams in their own conference to do well in their bowl games. I guess it would be "good for the conference" as a whole. But, as a Nebraska fan, I want Michigan, Ohio State, and our competition to do as poorly as possible in their bowl games, because that means they wouldn't be "as good" and it could help Nebraska in recruiting. Those are just my thoughts. Also, the Big 10 totally sucks.

It's pretty easy if you're a Nebraska football fan...more specifically, a Nebraska football fan that has a Nebraska football team that is doing good and having a good season. Because if the conference is completely sucking, as it is now, it makes a Nebraska football team that hypothetically is having a good season struggle to get into better bowls or the new playoffs if it is perceived that the conference they play in is weak. The B1G isn't the Big East, but look how hard Louisville would've had to work to even get a whiff of a championship had they won out. Why? Bad conference. That's why it's important for your conference's teams to perform well against good talent.

Minnesota, at least recently has been a cellar dweller, the fact that they attained bowl eligibility and played as well as they did isn't embarrassing. I expected them to lose. Michigan nose dived late in the season, lost their QB and has a poor and overrated coach, I didn't expect them to win either.

The people that are "embarrassed" are either in the sky-is-falling sensationalist crowd or just aren't being reasonable in their expectations.

I'll be embarrassed if OSU or MSU lose by double digits but not by a bad Michigan team losing to a decent KSU team or a mediocre Syracuse edging out a mediocre Minnesota.