SIGNED WR Glenn Irons

Mavric

Question: Do we need this guy? I mean I feel like we have quite a few receivers here at least 2 more years.

*Taariq Allen will be a JR, He's 6'3"

Sam Burtch will be a JR, Hes 6'3"

*Alonzo Moore will be a SO, He's 6'2"

*Jordan Westerkamp will be a SO, He's 6'0"

Brandon Reilly will be a SO, He's 6'1"

Kevin Gladney will be a RSFR, He's 6'2"

I don't think Monte Harrison makes it to campus, as I think the draft money will be too much for him to turn it down.

Robert Lockhart will have 2 years to play if i'm not mistaken and he's 6'1"

Demornay Pierson-El will be a good slot for us and is a burner at 5'9"

Jariah Tolbert will be a good big man at 6'3" but will need a RS year to fill out and gain strength

I also wouldn't be surprised if we see Larenzo Stewart moved to the slot position after a year or two. I just dont think his little body holds up between the tackles at RB and he could be an absolute burner at the WR position. If I remember right from his tape, he has pretty good hands.

So unless Irons is super fast, I just don't see us needing him. And the recruiting sites show him at like 4.6 so at his height I don't see him as a major need.

Of all the people you listed I bet they have less than 25 catches combined in their career and 2 are walk ons.

Moore was hurt all year, Allen may never be the same. We have some depth, but it's hard to say quality depth. Not sure if there is any NFL talent at WR either. Although its early on most of em, they could certainly develop into good receivers.

I'm a little worried about the position to tell you the truth. We need that Big play WR, not that Irons is, but I for one don't see quality depth that everyone thinks we have. Especially when we play 3 or 4 at a time. Our starters are solid, but nothing proven beyond that, then Bell an Turner leave. We can replace slot, but someone needs to emerge outside behind Bell. There's a reason we went hard after two jucos IMO, and I bet we do again in 2015. Moore could be good if he gets over being hurt all the time. I don't think we're hurting or anything. Harrison staying would be big, and would definitely help.

He could be the leader of the pack! Didn't we offer like 3 Edna Karr kids? Maybe we thought we could get the other 2 to follow this guy. Maybe we wanted the others more. Not the worst strategy if it works and you get the other two as well.

Already have 2 committed from the school. He's be the 3rd. I'm not sure we accept his commit unless some others fall through. Feel he's kind of a backup plan.

I actually feel the opposite. I think the staff wants him. They have already offered, don't think they would have offered. There are guys we are talking to like the new QB, 2 other WRs, Phillips, Outing, Elijah Lee. That haven't been offered, but we are interested in. I think they would have taken Blair over Irons, but I don't think we get Blair so we take Irons.

He could be the leader of the pack! Didn't we offer like 3 Edna Karr kids? Maybe we thought we could get the other 2 to follow this guy. Maybe we wanted the others more. Not the worst strategy if it works and you get the other two as well.

Already have 2 committed from the school. He's be the 3rd. I'm not sure we accept his commit unless some others fall through. Feel he's kind of a backup plan.

I actually feel the opposite. I think the staff wants him. They have already offered, don't think they would have offered. There are guys we are talking to like the new QB, 2 other WRs, Phillips, Outing, Elijah Lee. That haven't been offered, but we are interested in. I think they would have taken Blair over Irons, but I don't think we get Blair so we take Irons.

Coaches offer all the time with it being known to the recruit that it may not be committable unless other things fall through. The player is told this, they know this, and they are more than welcome to commit somewhere else.

Coaches offer all the time with it being known to the recruit that it may not be committable unless other things fall through. The player is told this, they know this, and they are more than welcome to commit somewhere else.

Ya I know. Just doesn't seem like it in this case. Plenty of other late tire kicking going on without offers. No reason to offer the kid, if the spot gets taken its easy to say were done, but I don't think Blair is coming, leaving him next in line. There are 2 other WR that are backups that we haven't offered that we are keeping in touch with. Irons is next in line.

He is listed as CB on another site. This kid can play WR, CB & returner. He looks faster than 4.6 on film.

The 4.6 is probably pretty accurate.

I would also guess that it is an electronic 4.6, so that would be 4.5 or lower handheld like some times that get thrown around.

Exactly, you can never REALLY trust a 40 time on a recruits profile.

I just don't see why he hasn't committed if he's on top of our list. Two of his teammates have already committed and we appear to be the best offer he has by some margin.

Throw in the fact that he's a lot smaller than most of the guys we're after and I don't think we're letting him commit for now.

I just don't see why he hasn't committed if he's on top of our list. Two of his teammates have already committed and we appear to be the best offer he has by some margin.

Throw in the fact that he's a lot smaller than most of the guys we're after and I don't think we're letting him commit for now.

I think a big reason why he hasn't pulled the trigger yet is because we wanted to see what Nebraska was like first, I believe I remember seeing that his family really wants him to stay closer to home. I have a feeling after seeing what Nebraska is like, and like you said the fact he has two teammates committed, he will be "N"