Someone please explain

What we did different to prep for the bowl game? We should've looked that good ALL season. There was minimal gawking at the 3 monkeys on the sidelines...We looked confident and focused. We actually aggressively tackled.

Two thoughts:

(1) Was the pressure on the Raging Nose's position enough that he made sure they were ready?

(2)Bo really needs to stop publicly raging in player's faces. I understand things don't go right and you have to get a player's attention, but he doesn't yell; he rages. it's embarrasing to watch: Stare down the player until he gets close, then his face contorts into his rage face, Step up into the player's grill, then he blasts away, turning when HE is done. Doesn't even give the player time to respond.

I know if I were looking for a place to go play ball, I'd give second thoughts to a coach that has an uncontrolled temper.

Grats to the players for an amazing ball game!

My friends and I were talking about this during the game yesterday. I don't think he is screaming at them. I think he only has one gear and sometimes he is yelling to be heard. I also don't remember him getting in a player's face yesterday at all, just yelling at them on the field. It is nearly impossible for players to hear a coach on the sideline of a HS game. Can u imagine how difficult it is at that level.

What we did different to prep for the bowl game? We should've looked that good ALL season. There was minimal gawking at the 3 monkeys on the sidelines...We looked confident and focused. We actually aggressively tackled.

Two thoughts:

(1) Was the pressure on the Raging Nose's position enough that he made sure they were ready?

(2)Bo really needs to stop publicly raging in player's faces. I understand things don't go right and you have to get a player's attention, but he doesn't yell; he rages. it's embarrasing to watch: Stare down the player until he gets close, then his face contorts into his rage face, Step up into the player's grill, then he blasts away, turning when HE is done. Doesn't even give the player time to respond.

I know if I were looking for a place to go play ball, I'd give second thoughts to a coach that has an uncontrolled temper.

Well, to be fair--it isn't really a debate on the sideline. If Bo wants to walk off after hollering at a player, he can. What he says is final.

I met Bo last year in the locker room and he was walking around like a normal person, the countenance on his face was twisted and stern. He approached my brothers and I and chatted for a few seconds he was nice and smiling. Then we posed for a couple pictures and sure enough his face is just dead panned and glum in each one. It's just Bo's face, stern and kinda glum if he's not smiling.

Don't judge a raging nose by its cover. You have ZERO idea what he's saying to his players out there and how he's saying it and why.

• Fire 1

If a coach yelling decides where u want to go maybe football is not your sport. All coaches yell at their players at some point in time during a game. Their is not enough time to politely sit a kid down and re explain what u prepared all week for.

I never said I didn't like coaches yelling. It's just he has this monster face he uses. As I said earlier, I find it embarrasing. Yelling to be heard, and raging are two different things. But hey, that's just my opinion. I understand the levels of noise and the urgency to get a point across.

How about you stop deciding what is or isn't my sport and discuss the topic.

If a coach yelling decides where u want to go maybe football is not your sport. All coaches yell at their players at some point in time during a game. Their is not enough time to politely sit a kid down and re explain what u prepared all week for.

I never said I didn't like coaches yelling. It's just he has this monster face he uses. As I said earlier, I find it embarrasing. Yelling to be heard, and raging are two different things. But hey, that's just my opinion. I understand the levels of noise and the urgency to get a point across.

Woof bro...

Two thoughts:

Well, to be fair--it isn't really a debate on the sideline. If Bo wants to walk off after hollering at a player, he can. What he says is final.

I met Bo last year in the locker room and he was walking around like a normal person, the countenance on his face was twisted and stern. He approached my brothers and I and chatted for a few seconds he was nice and smiling. Then we posed for a couple pictures and sure enough his face is just dead panned and glum in each one. It's just Bo's face, stern and kinda glum if he's not smiling.

Don't judge a raging nose by its cover. You have ZERO idea what he's saying to his players out there and how he's saying it and why.

That is a good point. I don't know him. I'm just making a dumb assumption based on what he does in public. But it's what I do. *falls over*

Woof bro...

Not sure how to respond to the intelligence here...

Was this what they did different to prep for the game? Or is this what he says to his players?.....

Thanks for contributing to the topic discussion!

Two thoughts:

1. Having 5-6 weeks to prepare for a game gives you more time to dedicate towards a specific plan, instead of 5-6 days.

2. Go ask the players if they want Bo to stop yelling at them. You're taking something external and attaching your own specific perception to it that I find to be inaccurate.

I totally understand my perception of what I see. I'm basing my idea of what he says based on his history of what I've heard him say. I could be completely wrong. I'll admit that.

I'm NOT SAYING to stop yelling at players...I'm not sure where I actually said that in the thread....A lot of assumptions are being made. I'm talking about his raging. Does he make that face to yell? If so, then fine. I interpret that as losing his temper.

So..to discuss the preparation: When do they actually start practice for the season? Spring practice? That is almost 8 months without a game to be ready for a specific purpose.

What did they change?

I totally understand my perception of what I see. I'm basing my idea of what he says based on his history of what I've heard him say. I could be completely wrong. I'll admit that.

I'm NOT SAYING to stop yelling at players...I'm not sure where I actually said that in the thread....A lot of assumptions are being made. I'm talking about his raging. Does he make that face to yell? If so, then fine. I interpret that as losing his temper.

So..to discuss the preparation: When do they actually start practice for the season? Spring practice? That is almost 8 months without a game to be ready for a specific purpose.

What did they change?

You don't gameplan for a specific team in spring. Nor do you in fall camp until about 1.5-2 weeks before your opener. And you don't practice the time in between the two.

Woof bro...

Not sure how to respond to the intelligence here...

Was this what they did different to prep for the game? Or is this what he says to his players?.....

Thanks for contributing to the topic discussion!

Ok, I think your missing the point that Bo just looks like he's yelling when really he's just trying to make his voice carry further. That's just how he is, there were times yesterday when he was talking to Rose and it did look like he was yelling but if you really look at the situation he was just instructing. But hey, thats just what my intelligence tells me...