Someone please explain

Our Offense other then AA running and 99.9 yrd pass looked like doodoo still. Lets load up all the blockers to the short side of the field and run the option that way on 3rd and long. Are you kidding me. Defense played pretty good for the most part but all this game did was leave me ready and wanting to see more of this Husker Def next season.

Our Offense other then AA running and 99.9 yrd pass looked like doodoo still. Lets load up all the blockers to the short side of the field and run the option that way on 3rd and long. Are you kidding me. Defense played pretty good for the most part but all this game did was leave me ready and wanting to see more of this Husker Def next season.

"yeah if you look at it all and then take away the good stuff it looks bad!"

• Fire 3

"yeah if you look at it all and then take away the good stuff it looks bad!"

Steak is only good if it isn't rotten, has been cooked, and isn't served in moose piss.

What we did different to prep for the bowl game? We should've looked that good ALL season. There was minimal gawking at the 3 monkeys on the sidelines...We looked confident and focused. We actually aggressively tackled.

Two thoughts:

(1) Was the pressure on the Raging Nose's position enough that he made sure they were ready?

(2)Bo really needs to stop publicly raging in player's faces. I understand things don't go right and you have to get a player's attention, but he doesn't yell; he rages. it's embarrasing to watch: Stare down the player until he gets close, then his face contorts into his rage face, Step up into the player's grill, then he blasts away, turning when HE is done. Doesn't even give the player time to respond.

I know if I were looking for a place to go play ball, I'd give second thoughts to a coach that has an uncontrolled temper.

Grats to the players for an amazing ball game!

The defense played well, but the offense looked pretty poor IMO. They were given a short field by a muffed punt by UGA, and that 99 yard pass just shouldn't have happened. The DB(s) on that play absolutely blew their assignments.

Wow, I can't believe all the people blowing off this win for what ever reason. If NU would have lost, the number of people up in arms about it calling for Pelini's head would have been huge.

It was a good win against a good SEC team. Not saying Georgia is great, but they are pretty good.

I don't understand the people trying to downplay the win.

If a coach yelling decides where u want to go maybe football is not your sport. All coaches yell at their players at some point in time during a game. Their is not enough time to politely sit a kid down and re explain what u prepared all week for.

I never said I didn't like coaches yelling. It's just he has this monster face he uses. As I said earlier, I find it embarrasing. Yelling to be heard, and raging are two different things. But hey, that's just my opinion. I understand the levels of noise and the urgency to get a point across.

How about you stop deciding what is or isn't my sport and discuss the topic.

So the point of the thread is u don't like his face or their is a set amount of passion coaches are allowed to use to coach with. Nothing to see here.

There was no set point to my discussion thread. I've enjoyed all the talk in here. I've seen some points of view that my stubborn ass didnt' want to see, but eventually did.

I never said anything about limit of passion. Not sure where you even grabbed that from.

But if that is your contribution to the chat, then I welcome it. If that's what the guy looks like when he yells, then I'm all about it. My world is one sided until someone grabs my head and points me to a different view. Yeah...that bull headed.

I wonder if not having the controversy of 'Bo leaving/Bo staying' hanging over their heads effected playing? Bo assured his players that he wasn't going anywhere but until Shawn Eichorst said Bo wasn't going anywhere, that threat was still there. That had to have some effect on these boys. I'm glad that's all over.

It's a new year with a win in our pockets. I look forward to Spring ball and the 2014 season. (I know, I know, ever the optimist! ;)

Me too actually. I think they (coaching staff) are very close to a good combination of direction and choice of players. I'm basing all this on the disposition of the team. I hope like Hell they look this good when they start back up. I was yelling to encourage them instead of yelling at them in discouragement.

If a coach yelling decides where u want to go maybe football is not your sport. All coaches yell at their players at some point in time during a game. Their is not enough time to politely sit a kid down and re explain what u prepared all week for.

I never said I didn't like coaches yelling. It's just he has this monster face he uses. As I said earlier, I find it embarrasing. Yelling to be heard, and raging are two different things. But hey, that's just my opinion. I understand the levels of noise and the urgency to get a point across.

How about you stop deciding what is or isn't my sport and discuss the topic.

He's not deciding what your sport is... He's stating the obvious... if you ever strapped on a chin strap, you would understand what he's saying.. you just don't like Bo's facial expressions.. it just how intense he looks when he does it that bothers you... it obviously doesn't bother the players.. This BS started with poking TM in the chest for breaking team rules during a game.... Bo addresses a problem when it comes to his attention, and he doens't care what you think. he's running the team his way, it's his job to keep or lose.. who are you to say you don't like his facial expressions.... I agree with him... you are just a band member that has never suited up.. you want to be handled with kid gloves and would walk off the practice field before you even had a chance to play because your feeling got hurt... Grow up.. it's the media that sheds the ugle light on Bo.. he hasn't (at least in my memory) used profanity laced rants during games, like Iowa's coach caught on video using more than one that I wouldn't want underage kids seeing.... grow some and get a life.....

Instead of attacking me, (you don't even know who I am) and telling me to grow up, I'll point a finger at who needs to stop attacking the poster and discuss the topics in an adult fashion.

You have no idea what I've done my whole life. Yet you've judged all that I've done based on a posting in a forum

So I'll ask again with a shorter sentence: What did they change to play so much better?

(I understand Bo's face when he yells. I was making a wrong assumption of him raging. My mistake and I apologize profusely for my misunderstanding)

1st off, we didnt exactly look like world beaters yesterday. I thought our performance was overall pretty consistent with how the season has gone, but we didnt muff a punt and they did, and it took the longest possible offensive play in the sport to win. So, lets not prop this up as some sort of anomoly.

2nd, this team was as healthy yesterday overall as it's been since the beginning of conference play. Sean Callahan pointed this out the other day. Aside from Martinez and Spencer Long, EVERYONE was 100%. Even Turner, who seemed to be missing for pretty much all of conference play.

:yeah

Yeah,,, lets not enjoy the first bowl win in 4 yrs... It seems to me,, that during the 70's/80's we played in more than just the Orange... As I recall, this isn't the first time playing in the Gator Bowl.... I usually like your post and agree with Accountability.. but what a negative Nancy;;; let's enjoy the win and hope for better things.. instead of just always finding fault.... GBR

Please tell me you're joking. When did I ever imply that we shouldnt enjoy this big win? I was combatting the OP's notion that we played SO MUCH BETTER yesterday than we had all year. If that's not what he was implying, I apologize. If youre joking, I apologize.

1st off, we didnt exactly look like world beaters yesterday. I thought our performance was overall pretty consistent with how the season has gone, but we didnt muff a punt and they did, and it took the longest possible offensive play in the sport to win. So, lets not prop this up as some sort of anomoly.

2nd, this team was as healthy yesterday overall as it's been since the beginning of conference play. Sean Callahan pointed this out the other day. Aside from Martinez and Spencer Long, EVERYONE was 100%. Even Turner, who seemed to be missing for pretty much all of conference play.

:yeah

Yeah,,, lets not enjoy the first bowl win in 4 yrs... It seems to me,, that during the 70's/80's we played in more than just the Orange... As I recall, this isn't the first time playing in the Gator Bowl.... I usually like your post and agree with Accountability.. but what a negative Nancy;;; let's enjoy the win and hope for better things.. instead of just always finding fault.... GBR

Please tell me you're joking. When did I ever imply that we shouldnt enjoy this big win? I was combatting the OP's notion that we played SO MUCH BETTER yesterday than we had all year. If that's not what he was implying, I apologize. If youre joking, I apologize.

Looks to me like you a disappointed that NU didn't blow them out by 3 tds. Muffed punts and long td passes are part of the game. Lord knows we have had are share of muffed punts and if Georgia wouldn't have hit the long ball 3x last we would have won.

I sure thought they played better than against Iowa and MSU. Just my opinion.

What we did different to prep for the bowl game? We should've looked that good ALL season. There was minimal gawking at the 3 monkeys on the sidelines...We looked confident and focused. We actually aggressively tackled.

Two thoughts:

(1) Was the pressure on the Raging Nose's position enough that he made sure they were ready?

(2)Bo really needs to stop publicly raging in player's faces. I understand things don't go right and you have to get a player's attention, but he doesn't yell; he rages. it's embarrasing to watch: Stare down the player until he gets close, then his face contorts into his rage face, Step up into the player's grill, then he blasts away, turning when HE is done. Doesn't even give the player time to respond.

I know if I were looking for a place to go play ball, I'd give second thoughts to a coach that has an uncontrolled temper.

Grats to the players for an amazing ball game!

Looks to me your being pretty judgemental, no? 3 Monkey's and Rage Face? Yell at a kid and don't let him respond? Are you serious? Take your ball, pretty sure your not needed on the Husker fan team from my era.

I know this is kind of apples to oranges, but....

My daughter was an Irish dancer for many years. Her regular teacher was a very mild mannered lady, always positive. Before every major, and about once every other month we brought in another teacher who would have my daughter in tears, he just yelled and yelled...he was an old school Irish Dance treacher...and wouldn't you know it, he got better results than thenice teacher did every time.