USC vs Texas

Alex 4.0

As for the game. I think when USC went for it on fourth down towards the end and didn't get it. That was a HUGE mistake. You are ahead and you get greedy?

Take the punt, give them a long field. Carroll screwed up IMO.

I suppose, but if he makes it he's a genius. I tend to agree with Carroll on this one. White was bruising the Texas defense for big gains the whole game. What was there to make USC think he couldn't get two yards? A first down and the game is over basically. Kudos to the texas defense for stepping up big time.

Does the "football move" rule appy in College? As in for a catch and fumble to be ruled a fumble, the player must possess the ball and make a "football move"?

That was a rule a few years back, I dont know if it has changed or not.

I remember NU had something similar happen in the 95 Orange Bowl, I think that Gilman caught a pass from Brook, but didnt make "a football move," dropped the ball, but it was called incomplete.

As for the game. I think when USC went for it on fourth down towards the end and didn't get it. That was a HUGE mistake. You are ahead and you get greedy?

I suppose, but if he makes it he's a genius. I tend to agree with Carroll on this one. White was bruising the Texas defense for big gains the whole game. What was there to make USC think he couldn't get two yards? A first down and the game is over basically. Kudos to the texas defense for stepping up big time.

I understand your point. I wouldnt want to give Texas a short feild. They ran White the play before that and you know Texas knew what was coming. Just my thoughts.

I understand your point. I wouldnt want to give Texas a short feild. They ran White the play before that and you know Texas knew what was coming. Just my thoughts.

The other thing to consider - and the reason why I think it was the right call - is that the SC defense wasn't stopping Texas. Giving them back the ball was the last thing they needed, or wanted, to do.

The other thing to consider - and the reason why I think it was the right call - is that the SC defense wasn't stopping Texas. Giving them back the ball was the last thing they needed, or wanted, to do.

If they would have had a longer feild I think that they would have stood a better chance. When young scored there was 19 seconds left. ( Maybe time would have ran out on them). It was 4th down when VY scored. ( They werent stopping them . Maybe slowing them down enough ). I guess its a darned if you do , darned if you dont. I do see your point though.

Ok, going for it (might) have been the right call. But UT knew who was going to get the ball. They keyed on White with Bush on the sidelines. Wrong play call at least. I know that he had been eating them up between the tackles all night. But that was with the element of surprise. No surprise there when they knew the play before it was run.