Touchdown, Taylor Martinez!

knapplc

Kid was a baller and tough as nails. I really think this year could have been special had he been healthy. He took it upon himself to work in the off season and spring break to improve while most guys were taking the weeks off.

Hats off and thanks.

I hope he is getting ready for the combine and goes into it with an open mind and is willing to try out with other position groups.

Sometimes Taylor doesn't get the respect he deserves, including from me. Flip side, there are a lot of people that love the heck out of this kiddo. He deserves the love and respect. When you put all these plays together, it's hard to deny how spectacular the guy really was. I wish he would have gotten his senior year. Good luck to him in the future and thanks for the hard work and the memories.

I loved this kids play at the beginning of his freshman year, and then doubted he would ever be the same. His Sophomore year, I gained a LOT of respect for the kid. He wasn't even close to 70%, but he was out there trying to win games for his team. Even with him injured, he was the best shot we had, and he helped get us to a 9 game winning record and a CCG appearance. It literally takes a MAN to play what he had to go through physically during his sophomore year. On top of all the physical pain, he was also losing a ton of support from fans. His attitude definitely didn't help, but when your not liked, why kiss ass and try?

With the extent of his injuries, I counted him out on starting when we got Brion Carnes. I thought the kid was the total package. Well, after fall camp, Martinez won the spot and showed us why. Still not the Taylor we first remembered and expected, but this kid won us games more than he cost us. I am not even sure he cost us any during his career. Taylor at the helm in 2009, oh goodness LOL. Should have started him as a true freshman :)

Thank you Mr Taylor Martinez for all you have done for your brothers, coaches and the University. When you were down, you got right back up and gave it your all on the field, even when you were physically not capable. You will be missed by many. Let those that hate you hate, because I guarantee you, they couldn't have walked your shoes and had close to the success you did.

This kid sure makes me proud to be a Husker fan! GO BIG RED!!! Good luck to in your future with the next level, and I hope you get your chance. Also, good luck with Ms Kelsey Robinson :)

daVy2BcT.jpeg

The guy took way too much grief and criticism from some fans. What he did was really remarkable at Nebraska considering all the names of famous players who played before he made an appearance. Too bad he had only three years of QB. I will never forget the K-state or Oklahoma St. games. He ran and passed like there was no tomorrow. I wish him the best in what ever life offers him.

Two things I noticed when watching the mash up of Taylor's TD career.

1.) When he ran for long TD his first year, no one was running him down. However, the next two, you could see defenders catching up to him.

2.) He had no rushing TD this year (he had ~10 per year his first three). However, in the four games he played, he threw 10 TD, which was about the same number he had for his first two years each (despite playing all 13 or 14 games).

These are trends that lead me to think that 1.) he was hampered by his injuries after his first year (obviously culiminating in him missing over two-thirds of his senior year) and 2.) his record breaking career could have been that much impressive (which is meant as a complement). Still, putting speculations about what an injury-free Martinez would have been like aside, it was a great career. Glad he was on a team that won a bowl game.

Two things I noticed when watching the mash up of Taylor's TD career.

1.) When he ran for long TD his first year, no one was running him down. However, the next two, you could see defenders catching up to him.

2.) He had no rushing TD this year (he had ~10 per year his first three). However, in the four games he played, he threw 10 TD, which was about the same number he had for his first two years each (despite playing all 13 or 14 games).

These are trends that lead me to think that 1.) he was hampered by his injuries after his first year (obviously culiminating in him missing over two-thirds of his senior year) and 2.) his record breaking career could have been that much impressive (which is meant as a complement). Still, putting speculations about what an injury-free Martinez would have been like aside, it was a great career. Glad he was on a team that won a bowl game.

I always thought he lost speed after his freshman season. He was like a cartoon that year. Unbelievable speed.