Terry Joseph

I am I

Would it be better if he used the word "painfully" instead of "embarrassingly?"

That's what I use when I say it.

Look, these cultural issues aren't manufactured, they happen. There is way more to it than who chooses to farm or ranch. My daughters are 1/2 Latina and I don't want them growing up there. I doubt anyone is burning crosses at this point there is an ingrained thing there. A lot of "harmless fun" that isn't really that harmless.

i dont think any word in that context would be correct.

I apologize for my initial anger. I hate it when race is used as reason for anything as well. I'm of conservative nature, but tend to think I have loads of common sense as well. I dont appreciate whatsoever that my home states majority is labeled as embarrasing. Things like that just get my blood pumping a little too quick. But like you said yourself, it's not a manufactured issue, it's just the way it is. I'm not gonna continue this convo here. It's seemed to taken on a political twist, and I know the mods and others dont like that in the football forum. I would love to continue this discussion with anyone in PM however.

I don't think he meant it as "it's our fault", the way you took it, but the word embarrassing shouldn't be used. I think, maybe more accurately he could have said, "disappointingly white", which I would agree with. Not disappointed in specific people, but in the situation.

Growing up in any part of Nebraska other than Omaha leads to a lot of cultural ignorance due to demographics. It's not always someone's fault, but it is unfortunate.

I think you nailed it Landlord. I like the way you said it.

You know, I avoided coming back to this thread all morning because I figured it would be way off the tracks by now, and I'm kind of impressed that it stayed reasonable.

Accountability, I'm half tempted to take you up on the continued discussion but I end up in too many of those elsewhere and I come here to get away from that (although issues of race in college athletics and recruiting are as real as it gets). Maybe another day. I'm a big fan of discussion (even arguments) when both parties are still friends afterwards

On a tangent:

Heard from a guy who knows TJ well and told a funny story about his time here in Nebraska. Appearntly there was a premier event for the team at the Cornhusker in Lincoln, TJ shows up, already one full season into his Nebraska gig, when he arrives another booster asks him for a cocktail and valet parking thinking he was a staff member of the Cornhusker.

Cultural experiences can really turn people off to places like Nebraska. Nebraska is embarassingly white, I am sure he can feel comfortable in Aggie land at least :(

Sooo..... Did he park the car?

• Fire 2

On a tangent:

Heard from a guy who knows TJ well and told a funny story about his time here in Nebraska. Appearntly there was a premier event for the team at the Cornhusker in Lincoln, TJ shows up, already one full season into his Nebraska gig, when he arrives another booster asks him for a cocktail and valet parking thinking he was a staff member of the Cornhusker.

Cultural experiences can really turn people off to places like Nebraska. Nebraska is embarassingly white, I am sure he can feel comfortable in Aggie land at least :(

If he thinks that couldn't happen in the southern Texas then he is going to be surprised.

He is smarter than that. I'm sure that isn't why he left.

On a tangent: Heard from a guy who knows TJ well and told a funny story about his time here in Nebraska. Appearntly there was a premier event for the team at the Cornhusker in Lincoln, TJ shows up, already one full season into his Nebraska gig, when he arrives another booster asks him for a cocktail and valet parking thinking he was a staff member of the Cornhusker. Cultural experiences can really turn people off to places like Nebraska. Nebraska is embarassingly white, I am sure he can feel comfortable in Aggie land at least :(
If he thinks that couldn't happen in the southern Texas then he is going to be surprised. He is smarter than that. I'm sure that isn't why he left.

I'm pretty sure Sumlin brought a Brinks Truck to the interview. That's probably why he left.

• Fire 1