Terry Joseph

I am I

Truthfully, I don't Nebraska can keep him now even if he isn't gone yet. You can't talk to the media and say stuff about how much money A&M is offering and come back and say to Nebraska, hey they are gonna pay me this, etc. You put the AD in a horrible position. Keep it under wraps and you may get what you want. You can't put people on blast about matching offers to the public.

Seemed to work pretty well for Saban...

Truthfully, I don't Nebraska can keep him now even if he isn't gone yet. You can't talk to the media and say stuff about how much money A&M is offering and come back and say to Nebraska, hey they are gonna pay me this, etc. You put the AD in a horrible position. Keep it under wraps and you may get what you want. You can't put people on blast about matching offers to the public.

I'll be interested to see how the AD responds to this. I would think we would have to make some sort of play to try to keep him, instead of simply conceding him to a higher bidder. Does that send more of a message to other assistants (or potential assistants) that we won't compete with other schools for high-priced coaches or fight to keep you around? Especially after Eichhort's hesitancy in addressing Bo's job security, I'd like to see more assertiveness from the AD office.

Seemed to work pretty well for Saban...

You're comparing Tom Cruise to Vivek Shah. Pretty massive difference in clout there.

he's a beter recruiter than coach.... I haven't seen anthing special about his coaching... He may be great, but it hasn't displayed itself on the field/// His recruiting however seems to be one of the best on the staff....GBR

Texas A & M has been in the top 10 in recruiting the last 2 years. I have to believe that they are hiring TJ because of his coaching abilities more than recruiting. Unless they are hiring him with recruiting coordinator duties included.

I gotta go with Benning on this. If it's really about just the money, and it would only take 60-70k more, and if he's really worth that, we'd pay it in a heartbeat. I have to go with my gut on this and assume Bo's gotta plan. And, who knows, maybe it's something that's been in the works since the regular season ended to begin with. I havent paid much attention, but has Joseph been doing much recruiting for us since the Iowa game? I remember following 2010 bowl game, the spec surrounding Watson and Gilmore and Sean Callahan confirming that neither of the two were doing any recruiting whatsoever leading up to the bowl and after becuase they knew they were headed out, and if I recall, that official announcement wasnt made until after signing day.