Any news on Ameer

Wanting to know if anyone has heard anymore speculation on Ameer? By reading and listening to a lot of so-called insiders, they all seem to think that next year's success is riding on this decision (rightfully so).....plus, many seem to hint that he will probably be gone.

I have searched (a little), and can't seem to come up with much.

With Hyde (OSU) apparently being the #1 senior back (projected by espn as 32nd at best) and 48 by cbs....... and now with Sanky from Washington and Thomas from Oregon delcaring.....does this influence Ameer?

Also, some are projecting that Mason from Auburn will declare early, which IMO, would not only push Ameer farther down the board this season, but move him up in next year's class..... another RB that may influence is Seastrunk from Baylor....any news here...

If enough of the loaded jr. class declares, it will ultimately make this year tougher and clear the way to move up the RB board next year.

Don't think it matters much if he goes this year, or goes next. He'll be a 5th-7th round pick almost regardless, and there isn't much of a difference in money between those two. Unless he can break into the top couple rounds, financially there isn't the incentive there once was to go early.

I do think at lot of next season hinges on his return. I wasn't nearly as impressed w/ Newby as I was with some of our recent freshman backs. Not as big on Cross as I was mid-season either. I'd say Heard, Green and Ameer were better as freshman than all of any backs today. Taylor has a great opportunity to step u p.

The longer it takes the more bleak for us imo

Don't disagree, but maybe he is waiting to see how many other underclassmen declare. If Mason and Seastrunk both declare, his stock will drop this year and possibly rise next year. He was probably told his status depends on who comes out..... maybe waiting to get a more clear picture.

I am hoping that anything below 3rd round causes him to come back.

Wanting to know if anyone has heard anymore speculation on Ameer? By reading and listening to a lot of so-called insiders, they all seem to think that next year's success is riding on this decision (rightfully so).....plus, many seem to hint that he will probably be gone.

With Hyde (OSU) apparently being the #1 senior back (projected by espn as 32nd at best) and 48 by cbs....... and now with Sanky from Washington and Thomas from Oregon delcaring.....does this influence Ameer?

Also, some are projecting that Mason from Auburn will declare early, which IMO, would not only push Ameer farther down the board this season, but move him up in next year's class..... another RB that may influence is Seastrunk from Baylor....any news here...

If enough of the loaded jr. class declares, it will ultimately make this year tougher and clear the way to move up the RB board next year.

Seastrunk declared this morning.

After the bowl Ameer said he wanted go home and be with his family and watch the national championship game (he is a Auburn boy and still a fan). I would expect to hear something after that.

Here is a CBS draft projection updated today Jan 6th.

http://www.cbssports...ankings/2014/RB

There are lots of underclassmen on the list, but Ameer isn't so maybe they are only including ones that declared.

I have read that....thanks for posting link. I see that Hyde is projected 3rd round.... Be interesting to see where Ameer fits into that list. Is he better than Hyde? I see a lot of underclassmen that declared (although I didn't realize that Seastrunk and possible Mason have declared) until you posted.

There are lots of underclassmen on the list, but Ameer isn't so maybe they are only including ones that declared.

I don't know much about very many of these running backs, but I noticed that none of the guys projected in the first five rounds is under 200 pounds. We all know that Ameer is much stronger than his size would suggest, but I wonder how much his size would affect his draft status? The smallest guy on this draft list is DeAnthony Thomas, but he'll probably get a shot based on the blazing speed that Ameer doesn't really have.

Here is a CBS draft projection updated today Jan 6th. http://www.cbssports...ankings/2014/RB There are lots of underclassmen on the list, but Ameer isn't so maybe they are only including ones that declared.
I don't know much about very many of these running backs, but I noticed that none of the guys projected in the first five rounds is under 200 pounds. We all know that Ameer is much stronger than his size would suggest, but I wonder how much his size would affect his draft status? The smallest guy on this draft list is DeAnthony Thomas, but he'll probably get a shot based on the blazing speed that Ameer doesn't really have.

CBS has Thomas much lower then ESPN. ESPN has him like 38ish overall and #2 RB.

I know Ameer is not as fast, but I do see him having value like a Dexter McCluster. Play some halfback early in his career, while playing special teams. Could make it as a slot reciever (#4).