Any news on Ameer

In your guys opinion, how does Ameer compare to Rex at the next level. He is faster, but doesn't seem as powerful. Both have great hands out of backfield and balance. Ameer is more agile......

What I am getting at is that Rex did "make" a roster, but is buried on the depth chart........maybe even non-active. Yes, he is getting paid, but will he ever take a snap in the nfl. If Ameer ranks close to Rex, why would he go ?

If Ameer ranks close to Rex, why would he go ?

Yes, he is getting paid...

I understand what you are saying, but what do you think that Rex is getting paid?, and do you think that if Ameer moves into top 3 rounds that he will get paid a lot more or not. Teams just seem to be loaded in depth at RB right now.

Here is a CBS draft projection updated today Jan 6th.

http://www.cbssports...ankings/2014/RB

There are lots of underclassmen on the list, but Ameer isn't so maybe they are only including ones that declared.

I don't know much about very many of these running backs, but I noticed that none of the guys projected in the first five rounds is under 200 pounds. We all know that Ameer is much stronger than his size would suggest, but I wonder how much his size would affect his draft status? The smallest guy on this draft list is DeAnthony Thomas, but he'll probably get a shot based on the blazing speed that Ameer doesn't really have.

I noticed this as well. I think talent-wise, he'd be in with the fourth round guys, maybe third. But size wise, he's in the undrafted range. The NFL cares a lot more about potential than production so I could see him being rated farther down that we would expect.

I wonder what his plans are after football? Huskers.com says Ameer is a history major, so teaching maybe? It might make sense for him to stay for his senior year, earn his degree, and then make a go at the NFL. If that doesn't pan out he'd have a lot of options for teaching and perhaps coaching.

I just mention this because, as much as I love him as our RB, Ameer is sort of a longshot to have a multi-year NFL career. Then again, Woodhead.

Local scribe Steve Sipple weighs in on the Ameer question:

* Abdullah said Dec. 31, a day before the Gator Bowl, he was aware some people wondered whether Nebraska's extensive list of injuries could be traced to Husker strength coach James Dobson's methods.

I have a difficult time drawing meaningful conclusions in that regard, in part because I've never witnessed even one Husker training session, and in part because, well, I'm not exactly Bruce Jenner.

Said Abdullah: "Dobson understands each person develops differently. He's done a great job individually with me, but also with other guys on the team. I couldn't be more supportive of what he's doing, and I'm just excited to see what else I can do with coach Dobson."

What else can he do? As in 2014? Hmm.

As more and more running backs declare, it pushes him further down the list. You'd have to think that might have an impact.

I wouldnt say that. Theres guys declaring that i think hes better than. And i think his workout numbers would really turn some heads and move him up. And if he can show in his workout he can catch the ball well it would boost him more. Speaking of rbs catching the ball, where in the hell is our screen game?? Ugh!

Speaking of rbs catching the ball, where in the hell is our screen game?? Ugh!

I've thought about our screen game, or lack thereof, quite a bit. I don't think Taylor had that "touch" to throw an effective screen. I think TA3 does/will and we will see it more in the future.

Don't think it matters much if he goes this year, or goes next. He'll be a 5th-7th round pick almost regardless, and there isn't much of a difference in money between those two. Unless he can break into the top couple rounds, financially there isn't the incentive there once was to go early.

I believe this is more of a reason why you go out early. Since the difference between a 5th and 7th round isn't much, you make more money on your second NFL deal, if you have a good enough career in the NFL to warrant a second deal. The earlier you can go out, the younger you are when you get that second deal. Remember the shelf life of a RB is rather short so why take another year of beating for basically nothing when you can just go pro. The only reason why you would say would be to move into the top 2 or 3 rounds.

Saying that, I hope he stays in school and does well for the Huskers next year.

This dude says Ameer has the best chance of any running back to win the Hypesman next season

http://www.usatoday..../01/07/4355779/

Do you think he will have 1,900+ yards next year as well as Nebraska in the Big Ten Title Game? I think he will be overlooked by the national media unless he completely blows up on the field and Nebraska is in the hunt for the playoffs.

Andre Williams from BC had 2100+ yards and I don't think most people knew who he was until he was named a finalist. Nebraska is probably going to have go undefeated or have 1 loss at the worst to get Ameer the attention to even sniff winning the Hypesman