New DB Coach Search

Can anyone clarify for me what happened the first time around with Sanders?

Let's put it this way. The jokes that are made of Carl in tunnel walk of shame, should probably be about Marvin. But then it wouldnt be as funny, cuz they would probably 100% accurate. LOL.

Well then can we bring him back just because it will benefit Tunnel Walk of Shame?

We were Top-20 in Pass Efficiency Defense in 2010, 2011, 2012, and now 2013 with three different DB coaches. #BoKnows

Either Bo has made some stellar hires or he can coach the hell out of a secondary. I think it is the latter.

Probably has a little to do with the scheme he runs. There are some trade-offs.

Ron Zook? Great recruiter, good coach as long as it's not head coach.Coached Bo at OSU. Just throwing it out there.

That would be epic! Can recruit like a mother, I loved the idea of him as the DC,a couple years back.

I serioulsy almost mentioned him earlier. Would be fantastic !!! He has been one of the best recruiters for years and has coached DB's

For those of you who didn't see, here's a few names I mentioned in the other thread that have a connection to Bo:

Ross Watson (current Florida Atlantic DB coach) (former Husker GA under Pelini)

Lionel Washington (current Tulane DB coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator) (coached with Pelini in Green Bay)

Bradley Dale Peveto (current Safety coach/Special Teams Coordinator at Kentucky) (coached with Pelini at LSU)

Out of these 3, I really like Lionel Washington, another guy with a Southern presence when it comes to recruiting and has a lot of NFL experience prior to coaching at Tulane. Not sure if we could lure him away from his alma mater and his position as a Co-DC, but maybe we'd offer him a significant pay raise.

My understanding is that Bo wants someone who's had experience coaching at the D1 level for a while. That rules out a bunch of people "wishing" we'd get some of the guys mentioned above. I also have heard Sanders's name come up but that wasn't from anyone at UNL. The feeler was sent out to see if enough time had passed to let the fire die down. The answer was that "they didn't know" but they were also trying to keep TJ at the time.

I think there will be some interviews at the convention coming up and maybe more movement. As TJ stated this is only partly about money. Its about finding a school where the admin is serious about trying to win a NC and helping with the resources to do so. Thats about killing rumors, contract extensions and support staff. ATM is doing all of that frequently.

It's confirmed Coach Joseph is gone. Best of luck to him, but we need to counter with a replacement quickly. It was mentioned that Benning said there are 2 canidates and one has previous history coaching here. Who do you guys want? If Sanders has figured stuff out I would take him in a heartbeat.

Names being thrown around:

Marvin Sanders

Eric Warfield

Mike Minter

Feel free to add others.

Can we PLEASE stop asking for him to come back. He is NOT coming back...EVER!!!!!

Umm....are you sure? B/c I good sources saying he's definitely in the picture. Many people think they know why he left the first time, but what most think isn't actually it. The fact is, he was never in trouble, he never did anything criminal then or since.

It's confirmed Coach Joseph is gone. Best of luck to him, but we need to counter with a replacement quickly. It was mentioned that Benning said there are 2 canidates and one has previous history coaching here. Who do you guys want? If Sanders has figured stuff out I would take him in a heartbeat.

Marvin Sanders

Eric Warfield

Mike Minter

Feel free to add others.

Can we PLEASE stop asking for him to come back. He is NOT coming back...EVER!!!!!

Umm....are you sure? B/c I good sources saying he's definitely in the picture. Many people think they know why he left the first time, but what most think isn't actually it. The fact is, he was never in trouble, he never did anything criminal then or since.

I don't think anyone thought that Sanders did anything criminal, his crimes were more of a personal matter, and that didn't fly with Osborne. Now that TO is gone, Sanders might have a chance to come back.

Marvin Sanders

Eric Warfield

Mike Minter

Feel free to add others.

What he did may not have been technically wrong or illegal. But it was wrong. I'm not sure what he did was even grounds for firing. He did "resign". But He did do some things that had an affect on his life and he needed to step away, regardless who was forcing the hand.

• Fire 1