What if...

Not a Huskers fan obviously but as someone who dislikes Urban I think the spirit of the question still applies.

If he were to coach Wisconsin I'd still dislike him but wouldn't be vocal about it, and I sure would love the success he'd bring. I think that's the standard everywhere. I thought BB was a jerk when he was in Madison but I wouldn't jump on the bash Bielema train opposing fans were driving.

OSU's fans are right to support and defend him and opposing fans are equally justified (as far as the CFB culture goes) in their bashing him. People like to rip the SEC and several prominent coaches for over-signing, perceived rule breaking etc...but I guarantee most would jump at the chance of someone like Nick Saban, Les Miles or tOBC coaching their team.

Same thing with ESPN or officiating. If ESPN covers a story or airs commentary showing their team in a good light or refs throw a flag that helps their team it's "They were calling it how it is and it's about damn time"...completely rationalized, if the refs blow a call or ESPN is somehow critical or overlooks them it's "They hate us and only us. Bias, injustice, corruption blah blah blah." This is true of Nebraska fans and fans everywhere. Thus is the nature of CFB fannitude. It is what it is.

• Fire 1

People like to rip the SEC and several prominent coaches for over-signing, perceived rule breaking etc...but I guarantee most would jump at the chance of someone like Nick Saban, Les Miles or tOBC coaching their team.

They all come from the Big Ten anyways....so :P

If he won games he probably would be liked. But for me, and maybe others too, the reason I dislike him has nothing to do with where he coaches.

So what is it then?

What Bucky said summed it up pretty nicely. If he were the coach here, I would support him because he is the head coach of Nebraska. That wouldn't make me like him on a personal level though. So basically, I (personally) would like the success he would most likely bring but not him (personally). I felt the same way about Tressel when people said he should be the next coach.

Edit- And me disliking him has nothing to do with tOSU. I disliked him when he was at Florida.

If he won games he probably would be liked. But for me, and maybe others too, the reason I dislike him has nothing to do with where he coaches.

So what is it then?

What Bucky said summed it up pretty nicely. If he were the coach here, I would support him because he is the head coach of Nebraska. That wouldn't make me like him on a personal level though. So basically, I (personally) would like the success he would most likely bring but not him (personally). I felt the same way about Tressel when people said he should be the next coach.

Edit- And me disliking him has nothing to do with tOSU. I disliked him when he was at Florida.

But I want to know what makes you not like him. People say sleazy but the only thing I can recall that was remotely an NCAA violation, he kicked the player off the team (Cam Newton). Just asking what it is specifically.

So what is it then?

But I want to know what makes you not like him. People say sleazy but the only thing I can recall that was remotely an NCAA violation, he kicked the player off the team (Cam Newton). Just asking what it is specifically.

Well it's nothing I have any hard evidence for I can assure you that. But something about him makes him seem dishonest. The way he left Florida makes me believe something was going on behind closed doors. I don't believe he left for personal reasons just to return to coaching a couple years later where the pressure was the same if not greater at tOSU.

So what is it then?

There's nothing definitive or proven - there are just a lot of people reading between the lines and seeing something that may or may not be true. The circumstances surrounding the number of players that got in trouble on his Florida teams, the Aaron Hernandez drama, his resignation as soon as Florida was about to suck, only to come right back a year later, etc.

I honestly don't' know how I feel about Meyer. I'm also tempted to guess that he isn't even sure of who he is himself sometimes.