SEC Network

MUTigerFan

The SEC network starts in August 2014. They'll reportedly charge providers ~ $1.30 per subscriber in SEC country, only $.37 outside of the SEC. That's the highest rate of any conference network (Big 10 at $1.00)

Questions:

Would you like to see Time Warner or satellite provide serve it up?

Would you want them to pass along the fees if they did?

Would you ever watch it?

Obviously, as a Mizzou fan, I'd want it and I'd watch it. But I think a substantial number on non-SEC fans might want to tune in Florida/LSU or some other crazy Sat. night game..

Just like the Big Ten network, not many people are going to watch it other than Big Ten fans. As for that Florida/LSU game, that will, more than likely, be picked up by ESPN or ABC so it wouldn't be on that anyway.

No....I would not like it to be on my Dish network if I have to pay for it. I have absolutely no desire to pay $15.60 per year to the SEC.

Just like the Big Ten network, not many people are going to watch it other than Big Ten fans. As for that Florida/LSU game, that will, more than likely, be picked up by ESPN or ABC so it wouldn't be on that anyway.

No....I would not like it to be on my Dish network if I have to pay for it. I have absolutely no desire to pay $15.60 per year to the SEC.

More like $4.50. It's only 37 cents outside of SEC country.

I'm guessing Dish will add it to the Multi-Sports package where they already have the Big 10 and Pac 12 networks, along with a few other channels and won't mind if they bump the cost a bit. I would pay the extra .37 during football season if it was a la carte, though I really doubt it will be. If they put it in a higher tier package like they've done with the Fox Sports 1 network, it's doubtful I'd get it because that would be another $10 or $20/month.

• 1 month later...