Teaching science in schools

Mutation is a form of evolution. So I believe no matter good or bad it's still evolution. Curiously though, you don't really think of cancer as evolving. I guess it's up to nature to determine whether or not the mutation is beneficial or not.

• 2 months later...
The evangelical owners of Hobby Lobby made a fortune selling crafts supplies and made headlines fighting government-mandated birth control coverage. They’re also using their billions to sell the American public on the literal truth of scripture — through a public-school Bible curriculum, a huge museum around the corner from the Smithsonian and public forums on the faith of the founding fathers.

----

The draft textbook presented to the Mustang school board presents the Bible as a “reliable historical source.” It showcases several archeological findings as proof of the Bible’s veracity, without mentioning scholarly debate on that subject. At one point, it implies the Bible is as indisputable as documents showing Martin Luther King Jr. spent time in the Birmingham jail and suggests it’s just a matter of time before archeologists find Noah’s ark.

The textbook also credits the Bible with inspiring Western notions of equality, feminism and freedom of the press, without any acknowledgment that the Bible has also been used to justify slavery and other evils.

As presented, the curriculum is “startlingly irresponsible” — and likely unconstitutional, as well, since public schools are allowed to teach about religion but can’t promote any particular theology, said Mark Chancey, a professor of religious studies at Southern Methodist University who has reviewed the text.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/hobby-lobby-supreme-court-case-107877_Page2.html#ixzz34p3CLpuF

Everyone will find out whether they are right or wrong eventually. :)

. . . or not . . . because if I'm right I'll just be dead. :P

Good point. Christians will discover whether they are correct. Atheists will discover whether they are wrong. :lol: