SIGNED - OG Michael Decker

Mavric

First In-state commit!

If like to say there will be more but with a small class and not a lot of really good prospects, he might be it.

CJ Junior, with an absolutely stellar June camp is probably the only other in stater with a chance at this point.

Back to Decker, great pick up. Want to see a man, watch the title game from last year again. Easily the most impressive kid on the field

@NateClouse: Omaha (Neb.) Central DE Daishon Neal tells me he just picked up an offer from #Nebraska. #Huskers #nebpreps

First In-state commit!

If like to say there will be more but with a small class and not a lot of really good prospects, he might be it.

CJ Junior, with an absolutely stellar June camp is probably the only other in stater with a chance at this point.

Back to Decker, great pick up. Want to see a man, watch the title game from last year again. Easily the most impressive kid on the field

@NateClouse: Omaha (Neb.) Central DE Daishon Neal tells me he just picked up an offer from #Nebraska. #Huskers #nebpreps

Good for him. Daishon is someone I have been watching for this class since January/February. It's funny. I was just about to post a comment saying Daishon would be the other in-state guy I think could get an offer, besides Decker.
First In-state commit!

Good for him. Daishon is someone I have been watching for this class since January/February.
Well that didn't take long!

@DaishonNeal90: I announce my commitment to Nebraska! Blessed!

#FutureHusker

He could have waited until Saturday's spring scrimmage and been a big headline surrounding that carnival. But why?

The way Omaha North guard Michael Decker figured it, he had already waited long enough to commit to the Huskers. No need for flash from a guy most comfortable doing work in a hard hat.

"I felt like I made my decision a while ago and was making my decision harder than it needed to be," he said.

And so, on Wednesday, Decker put his hand to the air and became Nebraska's eighth commit of this class. He is the first in-state pledge of the recruiting cycle, and the first recruit out of Omaha since fullback C.J. Zimmerer in 2009.

Don't call this a slam-dunk recruit, because it wasn't quite that.

Decker's family comes from Michigan, and it was the Wolverines who he really liked when he began to think of where he might go to school.

He thought about Iowa a little. Also Ohio, UCLA, and Kansas State, which was the other school besides Nebraska that had extended an offer.

But after proper time to process it all, Decker came to a conclusion: "Nebraska was the best choice because they wanted me the most and I wanted them."

LJS

247 Ratings Explanation (free):

Michael Decker we went with an 86 rating, so in that mid to upper 3-star range. I wasn't that fired up when I first watched his film and then I realized that i was watching his sophomore clips. As you start to dig into his junior film, he starts to win you over. He's improved his mobility, he looks like he can block in space and move his feet better. He really bends well and he has been a dominant blocker in the run game since his sophomore year so he's going to be a great blue-collar road-grading type of offensive lineman. To me, he's a guy that could develop into a multi-year starter, I just don't know that he has the physical ceiling of some other linemen nationally.