It would be nice to see if the legalization would cause change similar to what the end of prohibition did with alcohol. Taking huge profits out of the hands of POS's; and putting it in the hands of local, state and federal minions seems like a good idea. But there are other drugs that would substitute for gangsters to sell and make money on. meh

I hope the Federal foot dragging about changing the laws isn't just a ploy to continue spending BILLIONS of dollars on DEA/DHS budgets.

I'm for legalizing it simply because I'm sick and tired of paying for the battle against it.

However, states like Colorado are finding out that there are a large number of issues that need to be answered once pot is legal. Not saying that's bad, but, there are issues.

Just examples of a few:

1) If you drink a beer, there isn't second hand affects. So, should there be consequences if a someone is smoking pot in an enclosed area where a baby is so the baby is getting second hand pot smoke?

2) Colorado is agreeing that you shouldn't be able to drive a vehicle while under the influence of pot. So, how is that going to be tested for and what are the consequences?

3) What are the consequences of an employee that comes to work under the influence and how is that tested for?

As someone who was almost killed or severely injured in the work place by someone who was stoned, I'm interested in some of these questions.

• Fire 1

1) If you drink a beer, there isn't second hand affects. So, should there be consequences if a someone is smoking pot in an enclosed area where a baby is so the baby is getting second hand pot smoke?

I'd say yay.

2) Colorado is agreeing that you shouldn't be able to drive a vehicle while under the influence of pot. So, how is that going to be tested for and what are the consequences?

Not sure how to test that accurately. Isn't that one of the problems Colorado is trying to wrinkle out, Coloradoans? Roughly the same consequences of existing DUI laws, I suppose. I wouldn't care if it was a little less stringent because I personally think it's safer than driving drunk, but I can't back that up statistically. Maybe someone else can (or refute it). It's still an impairment.

3) What are the consequences of an employee that comes to work under the influence and how is that tested for?

I would assume most employees would terminate employment in that situation. Or however they handle people who go to work drunk or high right now.

I personally think it's safer than driving drunk, but I can't back that up statistically. Maybe someone else can (or refute it). It's still an impairment.

It's definitely still an impairment, but I agree that it's better than driving drunk.

I always think of the old saying, "Drunk drivers roll through stop signs. Stoned drivers stop at green lights." Obivously it's hyperbole, but there is some truth to it.

Well in Hawaii, recreation use is being discuss in the next session, poss vote late this year or early 2015. It's basiclly legal here now, no one cares, cops/DA basiclly have given up on persecuting anything less then an ounce. They just confiscate what you have and send you on your way. Eradication on the the big island and Maui has slowed down as the judge sz "no more copters".

The 1000lb guinea pig that is Colorado is being watched bye 49 states. If they succeed every state will make it legal in 5-10 years.

Btw you wanna good laugh...you tube that blowhard Nancy grace. Smh.

As for inhaling smoke not being good for you.... Marijuana actually treats asthma.

vapor is ideal

• Based on the current scientific research, there is no definitively proven "safe" way of inhaling marijuana (smoke or vapor).
  • Inhaling marijuana smoke in the long-term is likely to result in damage to the respiratory tract.
  • Smoking both marijuana and tobacco increases the risk of damage from both substances.
  • While marijuana smoke contains carcinogens, research about the association between marijuana smoking and cancer is limited and conflicting. The same is true for other lung-related diseases.
  • Marijuana smoking does appear to increase cough, sputum production, airway inflammation, and wheeze.
  • Using a water pipe or bong does nothing to reduce exposure to tar and carcinogens in marijuana smoke; using a vaporizer may reduce the harm associated with smoking marijuana, however vaporizers may carry their own risks and more research is needed.
  • Oral administration of marijuana (“edibles”) is one way to eradicate the risk of marijuana smoke on the lungs, but carries with it its own challenges.

- See more at: http://adai.uw.edu/m...h.MbMA6S76.dpuf

Well in Hawaii, recreation use is being discuss in the next session, poss vote late this year or early 2015. It's basiclly legal here now, no one cares, cops/DA basiclly have given up on persecuting anything less then an ounce. They just confiscate what you have and send you on your way. Eradication on the the big island and Maui has slowed down as the judge sz "no more copters".

The 1000lb guinea pig that is Colorado is being watched bye 49 states. If they succeed every state will make it legal in 5-10 years.

Btw you wanna good laugh...you tube that blowhard Nancy grace. Smh.

I saw that Nancy Grace clip you're speaking of. I was pissed. As a strong advocate of medical and recreational marijuana I can only hope for Nancy Graces sake that she or one of her children is never in need of the relief marijuana is being proven to give. For reasons I don't care to get into right now, let's just say medical marijuana, especially the use of CBD oils, is very very close to my heart. I know, and regularly speak to people whom have had their lives changed by the miracles of this drug. It is so unfortunate that anti-progressive a$$hole$ continue to speak against something they realistically have no f'ing clue about. Get educated folks, and if nothing else, stop being so closed minded.