Husker Volleyball Recruiting Thread

Going forward, we will try to post new recruiting activities in this thread.

Let's also try and use a common template for new additions to the thread, like we do with the other Recruiting sub-forums/stuck threads.

Player: Ice Man
Hometown: Papillion, NE
School: Papillion South
Club: vcNebraska
Position: OH
Height: 6-1
High School Class: 2014
Offers: Nebraska, Penn State, UCLA, Wayne State

Highlights:

• Fire 2

• 2 months later...

OWH article on Allick:

From Japan to Texas to Iowa, and finally, to Lincoln, the Allick family had built the tight-knit bonds of a military family regularly on the move. So when their oldest daughter had college volleyball scholarship offers all over the country, Sarah Allick decided no more uprooting.

Allick, a 6-foot-1 sophomore middle blocker from Lincoln North Star, accepted a scholarship offer from Nebraska Sunday night, becoming the third player to join NU’s class of 2016.

“I really wanted to share (her college career) with them,” said Allick, whose family moved to Lincoln from Essex, Iowa, when she was in eighth grade.

“We’ve been together through everything and I wanted to finish this out together.”

Allick said she accepted the scholarship tender after her second unofficial visit this weekend, which opened with her receiving the offer Friday from NU coach John Cook. She said she also had offers from Iowa, Creighton, Connecticut, and Maryland.

In Allick, the Huskers will be getting an elite athlete with room to grow physically and in volleyball skill. A latecomer to the spotlight, she has had a whirlwind two seasons that took her from a JV player at the start of her freshman year at North Star to a starter who had 210 kills and 128 blocks in leading the Navigators to a 22-11 record and a state tournament berth in 2013.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

:bigredn:

Player: Lauren Stivrins
Hometown: Scottsdale, AZ
School: Chaparral High School
Club: Arizona Storm
Position: MB
Height: 6'4"
High School Class: 2016
Offers: USC, UCLA, Nebraska

LINK

Stivrins' club coach, Terri Spann, previously coached at Texas Tech and Arizona State, and has been very impressed with Stivrins.

“It’s funny, John (Cook) told me flat out if he couldn’t get Lauren he was not going to recruit another middle out of this class, because there are honestly only a small handful of elite middle blockers. Lauren, in my eyes, is the best, but nationally, some coaches might say in the top one or two.

“We won 15 open and 16 open two years in a row for a reason. She was a huge reason why we did. She dominates in the middle. She’s explosive. She’s very rare, because most middles are just kind of there to block and maybe hit one or two types of sets. Our offense is run around her when she’s in the front row. We give her the ball more than anyone else, sometimes. Because of her jumping ability and athleticism, she just dominates.”

• Fire 1

Player: Lauren Stivrins

Hometown: Scottsdale, AZ

School: Chaparral High School

Club: Arizona Storm

Position: MB

Height: 6'4"

High School Class: 2016

Offers: USC, UCLA, Nebraska

LINK

Stivrins' club coach, Terri Spann, previously coached at Texas Tech and Arizona State, and has been very impressed with Stivrins.

“It’s funny, John (Cook) told me flat out if he couldn’t get Lauren he was not going to recruit another middle out of this class, because there are honestly only a small handful of elite middle blockers. Lauren, in my eyes, is the best, but nationally, some coaches might say in the top one or two.

“We won 15 open and 16 open two years in a row for a reason. She was a huge reason why we did. She dominates in the middle. She’s explosive. She’s very rare, because most middles are just kind of there to block and maybe hit one or two types of sets. Our offense is run around her when she’s in the front row. We give her the ball more than anyone else, sometimes. Because of her jumping ability and athleticism, she just dominates.”

This is a huge get!

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball/High-Performance/HP-Indoor/HP-Newsletter/2014-Issues/March-2014/HP-Female-Athlete-Spotlight

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Player: Tiani Reeves

Hometown: Gothenburg, NE

School: Gothenberg H.S.

Club: Nebraska ONE 17-1

Position: OH

Height: 6-1

High School Class: 2015

Offers: Kansas, Nebraska

Highlights:

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-school/volleyball/gothenburg-s-reeves-commits-to-nu-volleyball/article_5958bf85-c3a5-5395-94f5-9fff6bbcc997.html

Her mom was my high school Spanish teacher. Haha just found out she was going to play for the Huskers. Basically watched her grow up.
  • Fire 1