Husker Volleyball Recruiting Thread

• 4 weeks later...

That Nebraska will have one of the best classes in the nation, and in program history, is beginning to become clearer after the first set of player rankings was released on Monday.

When PrepVolleyball.com gave individual rankings to the 2021 class players for the first time future Huskers swept the top three spots. And overall Nebraska has five recruits in the top-16 of the rankings, and six in the top 70.

Kennedi Orr, a setter from Eagan, Minnesota, is currently ranked No. 1. Lindsay Krause, a 6-foot-3 outside hitter from Omaha Skutt is ranked No. 2. Ally Batenhorst, a 6-4 outside hitter from Katy, Texas is ranked No. 3.

Nebraska’s other committed players in the rankings are Lexi Rodriguez, a libero from Sterling, Illinois, at No.10; outside hitter Whitney Lauenstein from Waverly at No. 16; Rylee Gray, a 6-4 middle blocker from Elkhorn South at No. 70.

LJS

Nebraska 2021 could be the best recruiting class ever in college volleyball.   Nebraska is a very desirable destination for the sport of women's volleyball.  The fan base is the best.   As a Stanford fan I love when the team plays at Nebraska.  I made the trip twice from Cali and the fans were as respectful and polite as anywhere in the nation.  

I would add this.  Stanford this year has five players ranked in prepvolleyball's top ten.  They aren't all from the same class.  Having said that I don't expect Stanford to be in the top ten AVCA poll this season if there is a poll.

Charles Anderson

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Charles Anderson said:

Nebraska 2021 could be the best recruiting class ever in college volleyball.   Nebraska is a very desirable destination for the sport of women's volleyball.  The fan base is the best.   As a Stanford fan I love when the team plays at Nebraska.  I made the trip twice from Cali and the fans were as respectful and polite as anywhere in the nation.  

I would add this.  Stanford this year has five players ranked in prepvolleyball's top ten.  They aren't all from the same class.  Having said that I don't expect Stanford to be in the top ten AVCA poll this season if there is a poll.

Charles Anderson

Hi Charles, and welcome to HuskerBoard.

With the top three overall players and five in the top 16, some pundits are saying this could be the best class ever in any sport. That would be amazing.

I disagree that Stanford won't be in the Top Ten. I would presume there will be polls because pollsters have to do something to earn their keep. They'll likely put Baylor and Pitt and Florida and BYU up there, but personal opinion - while those teams have talent, they do not have the same kind of talent as Stanford.  Even if by some crazy mischance Stanford is not ranked in the Top Ten early, they'll be up there eventually. It's where they belong.

Of course, Nebraska should be, returning all six starters from last year's Elite Eight team, but that may not matter much because Wisconsin returns enough firepower from last year - including Rettke, who is terrifying - that they are the clear favorite to not only win the Big Ten, but the Championship.  

• 3 weeks later...

What is the Nebraska team planning to do the rest of the year in regard to practice?  It seems most teams are uncertain at this point.  

FWIW, Stanford has its WVB players currently housed in a hotel near campus.  All the players voted to stay on campus and practice throughout the balance of the year.  At the moment the NCAA position is teams can practice without restrictions.  When classes start in mid September the team is moving on campus to live in a "pod" whatever that means.

Changing subjects, I looked at the Football thread.  It is the same as the Stanford football thread which is nothing but endless bickering about Covid-19 and how to deal with it.

Charles

On 8/15/2020 at 11:26 AM, Charles Anderson said:

What is the Nebraska team planning to do the rest of the year in regard to practice?  It seems most teams are uncertain at this point.  

FWIW, Stanford has its WVB players currently housed in a hotel near campus.  All the players voted to stay on campus and practice throughout the balance of the year.  At the moment the NCAA position is teams can practice without restrictions.  When classes start in mid September the team is moving on campus to live in a "pod" whatever that means.

Changing subjects, I looked at the Football thread.  It is the same as the Stanford football thread which is nothing but endless bickering about Covid-19 and how to deal with it.

Charles

Hi Charles. Nebraska hasn't announced their plans moving forward yet.

Maybe we'll just head over to Palo Alto and challenge for the court. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...