QB Jaquez Parks [Kennesaw State Commit]

corncraze

Apparently he's a new target of our's and Charlton Warren just visited him. This season, he led his team to a 15-0 record, he passed for 3,640 yards, rushed for 1,329 and was Georgia's high school player of the year by the Atlanta Journal Constitution (former winners include running back Alvin Kamara and defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche). However, he has no major offers and is nearly unheard of.

Here's an article about from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Via Jaquez Parks:

"Yes sir, Nebraska has started to show me some recruiting attention," Parks said. "Coach Fisher, he came up to the school today and he talked to me and it went well. He told me they weren't going to take more than one quarterback (in this class), but they have one with something going on and they are going to take on another quarterback now. He said it's between three of us and they are only going to take one of us. I know the quarterback they got had some problem with a concussion."

We also are showing interest in his teammate WR Tre Willis.

I don't understand this quote. If we are only taking one QB, does this imply we are backing off Darlington? Because I just don't think that is likely at this point.

:dunno

Via Jaquez Parks:

"Yes sir, Nebraska has started to show me some recruiting attention," Parks said. "Coach Fisher, he came up to the school today and he talked to me and it went well. He told me they weren't going to take more than one quarterback (in this class), but they have one with something going on and they are going to take on another quarterback now. He said it's between three of us and they are only going to take one of us. I know the quarterback they got had some problem with a concussion."

I don't understand this quote. If we are only taking one QB, does this imply we are backing off Darlington? Because I just don't think that is likely at this point.

They were going to take just one. With Darlingtons concussion they are now taking a second.

This is not a under the radar kid.

Parks has 3 WRs in the 2015 class who already have ACC/SEC offers. One of whom is already committed to Georgia. Also have a safety in the 2015 class with multiple offers already.

This is not a Maliek Collins type case where a unknown kid is playing at a small school with no exposure.

Via Jaquez Parks:

Darlington is already on campus and enrolled this semester. So no

I live 20 minutes north of this kid and have coached against him 2 times. He is the real deal. This school sends multiple kids D1 every year. They play in the third highest classification (4A) but they beat many 6A schools. This would be a great get for us. Now if only I could get the coaches to come into my school and look at some kids. We also send multiple kids to SEC schools. Would love to send a couple to DoNU.

• Fire 2

Some good info from his original thread:

His HS is a traditional power in one of the biggest classifications

EDIT: Feel bad for him and his family, though: http://www.hlntv.com...ed-championship

Good article on him:

http://m.ajc.com/new...f-the-ye/ncWSB/

I really like our focus on recruiting champions from top football areas at QB. Kids that know what it takes to win and proved it against top talent.