QB Jaquez Parks [Kennesaw State Commit]

corncraze

Film looks pretty good. Wonder why he doesn't have more offers.

That really is the question, isn't it? The kid is the all-class Georgia player of the year - a state with tremendous football talent that gets recruited very aggressively. It's so unusual and unlikely that a kid of his caliber with his numbers in his state would go unnoticed. Not just mostly unnoticed under the radar, but entirely unnoticed.

I live 20 minutes north of this kid and have coached against him 2 times. He is the real deal. This school sends multiple kids D1 every year. They play in the third highest classification (4A) but they beat many 6A schools. This would be a great get for us. Now if only I could get the coaches to come into my school and look at some kids. We also send multiple kids to SEC schools. Would love to send a couple to DoNU.

He seems to be a hell of an athlete, but also looks to be a project at the QB position as well. I'm no coach but his footwork and throwing mechanics seem to leave a lot to be desired.

He looks like a kid that we could move to another position. 6' 200lbs. Nothing wrong with those numbers. If Darlington makes a successful return and this kid becomes expendable at QB then maybe we move him to rb or safety.

That's what I think as well. Would be a great way to take a second QB in this class if it's a guy who can play somewhere else if needed.

I live 20 minutes north of this kid and have coached against him 2 times. He is the real deal. This school sends multiple kids D1 every year. They play in the third highest classification (4A) but they beat many 6A schools. This would be a great get for us. Now if only I could get the coaches to come into my school and look at some kids. We also send multiple kids to SEC schools. Would love to send a couple to DoNU.

You should start sending game film to our athletic department, and they will forward it on to the correct people.

• Fire 2

Via Jaquez Parks:

"Yes sir, Nebraska has started to show me some recruiting attention," Parks said. "Coach Fisher, he came up to the school today and he talked to me and it went well. He told me they weren't going to take more than one quarterback (in this class), but they have one with something going on and they are going to take on another quarterback now. He said it's between three of us and they are only going to take one of us. I know the quarterback they got had some problem with a concussion."

We also are showing interest in his teammate WR Tre Willis.

I don't understand this quote. If we are only taking one QB, does this imply we are backing off Darlington? Because I just don't think that is likely at this point.

:dunno

They were going to take just one. With Darlingtons concussion they are now taking a second.

Oh I see, it's between the "three of us" for the second QB spot. Damn you ambiguous pronouns... :throw

So Parks, Flowers and...Gerhart? Drawing a blank on the 3rd QB prospect we're after. (This is what confused me originally - thought he meant Parks, Flowers, and Darlington). That makes sense as it seems all three of those guys could play other positions if it turns out Darlington can beat them out.

Film looks pretty good. Wonder why he doesn't have more offers.

That really is the question, isn't it? The kid is the all-class Georgia player of the year - a state with tremendous football talent that gets recruited very aggressively. It's so unusual and unlikely that a kid of his caliber with his numbers in his state would go unnoticed. Not just mostly unnoticed under the radar, but entirely unnoticed.

He seems to be a hell of an athlete, but also looks to be a project at the QB position as well. I'm no coach but his footwork and throwing mechanics seem to leave a lot to be desired.

Yeah, I guess I didn't really do a good job of clarifying what I meant. He does have some work to do as far as technique goes, but as far as his athleticism, he is one of the best I've seen live in a while. Like I mentioned earlier, I live and coach in the Atlanta area and I get to see a lot of talent. He was hard to prepare for and even harder to defend. I think that if you can get him on campus, you can't go wrong with his athletic potential. Hope that clears things up a little.

You should start sending game film to our athletic department, and they will forward it on to the correct people.

I've sent a couple in and they just sent a generic reply about how it would be sent on. Not sure if I sent to the right person or not. We just had one of our players drafted last year and possible another this year. I guess I'll keep sending the vids in.