QB Jaquez Parks [Kennesaw State Commit]

corncraze

According to 247 nothing has a been set up with Parks as of now, this is from Parks himself. 247 also believes he currently does not hold an offer.

An offer has not been given yet.

I don't think so either, but atleast one site seems to think so.

Rivals (HOL) just states there is an official visit, but they aren't registering an offer either. Which is odd to me. Why waste an official visit if no offer had been sent out?

FWIW. Article about Parks and Nebraska on Scout's Georgia HS front page

http://hsgeorgia.scout.com/

So our coaches are suppose to make another visit to him, not him coming to us? Sorry, I don't follow scout and can't read the story. Just my understanding from the headlines.

No worries, I can't either. After the surprise King commit and the only solid evidence we have towards the apparent QB that will be visiting is he's from Georgia I did some searching. This was the best I could find. I'm curious as to what all the secrecy is about lately.

So our coaches are suppose to make another visit to him, not him coming to us? Sorry, I don't follow scout and can't read the story. Just my understanding from the headlines.

No worries, I can't either. After the surprise King commit and the only solid evidence we have towards the apparent QB that will be visiting is he's from Georgia I did some searching. This was the best I could find. I'm curious as to what all the secrecy is about lately.

I don't think there is any secrecy for this kid. I love his film, but when you look at it, you can find a lot of flaws. A couple thrown balls that would easily be picked in the D1 level, and simply put, we are only seeing the good stuff when looking at highlights. There must be a grey area that these coaches see that we don't see and they just aren't sure if its worth offering a kid and losing out on a scholarship for someone who can contribute. (I'm not saying he can't)

Jaquez Parks is more likely to wind up in the Ivy League than in the ACC or the SEC. He not a five-star recruit. He’s just a record-setting quarterback on Griffin’s history-making state-championship team.

“It doesn’t bother me, but I’ve wondered about it,’’ Parks said of his status as a college recruit. “It motivates me to show what I can do and that even though they’re not looking at me like that (five-star) player, that I could be that player.’’

Parks is The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s all-classification state player of the year, an honor that typically goes to a player headed for big-time college football. Recent winners include Alvin Kamara, now at Alabama, and Robert Nkemdiche, at Ole Miss.

Looks like a player who wants to prove himself!

I'm ignorant on the recruiting rankings, if we sign an unlisted guy does that hurt our star ratings bad?

Won't make any difference as far as class rankings go. Rivals only calculates the 20 highest-rated commits in your class so as long as he's at least #21 (would currently be #24), he won't affect that ranking. 247 I think does total ranking points so he won't hurt that either.

So, you want to lowball a player with a offer of a walk-on that has a Harvard and Yale offer?

OMG. Yale and Harvard!!!!! Guess it depends on if he wants to play D1 football or not. Hey, if he wants to go the academic route, so be it.

Like I said if you read my post, I would offer him, but I think you at least have to offer him a grey shirt at the very least. Fact is, I don't know if we have room for him this year, but with a grey shirt we can fit him in next years class.

If he wants a full ride immediately then he just might be out of luck if he wants to come to Nebraska. It goes like that sometimes. Fact of the matter is, he isn't an absolute need for sure this year. If we could get him into next years class I actually think that works best for us and him IMO.