Rutgers: W

Turdue: W

Wisconsin: L (tough road game)

Minnesota: W

Iowa: W

CCG: We're watching from home

Bowl: W (Cap One again?)

10-2

10 wins seems reasonable. I'd like to see us hold on to the ball, win the games we should win ... lose the games we should lose. No surprises. :-)

That doesn't make a bit of sense. There are no games we should lose.

Until he proves he can break through his glass celing, we should expect 4 losses as the past six years have shown.

I don't.

Why should we expect 4 losses? Because Pelini has always lost 4 games in his 6 years coaching here?

I look at the schedule and it's easy to see us going undefeated in the regular season. It is also easy to see us losing 4 games, but by no means do I expect us to lose 4 games next year.

Am I the only one that doesn't see Fresno St. and Miami as gimmes? I mean sure, neither one is a great team, and Carr graduates from Fresno. But still, we've lost (and/or damn-near lost) to worse teams in recent years.

The only gimmes I see are Florida Atlantic, McNeese State, Illinois, Rutgers, and Purdue. We should be favored in most of the other games, but it just seems we'll find a way to lose 4 of them.

• Fire 1

Why should we expect 4 losses? Because Pelini has always lost 4 games in his 6 years coaching here?

I look at the schedule and it's easy to see us going undefeated in the regular season. It is also easy to see us losing 4 games, but by no means do I expect us to lose 4 games next year.

This is kind of a ridiculous argument. Should we spect four losses because Bo has lost four games every year for six seasons? Hell yes we should. Do you learn from history? You should. You say it's easy to see an undefeated season and easy to see for losses? How can both be so easy to see when they are so completely different? Isn't it more reasonable to expect four losses due to history instead of expecting a result that hasn't happened at Nebraska in 20 years? Of course it is.

It is the Big Ten, it seems like these things are what we should expect

1. Lots of boring 11am games

2. Stadiums that are either filled over 90K or that are less than 40K

3. No college game day crew

4. Most teams finishing with 4 or more losses

So its basically like every other conference.

I guess it's that time of year where we predict how well we think (like our opinions have any merit what-so-ever) the Huskers will do 7 to 11 months from now. Whose crystal ball are you looking into.

IMO...

The defense will be much improved only losing a couple on the back end. Lots of talent to plug in there.

The offense gets hit hard on O line only, I trust Garrison to handle that, he did well with all the injuries last yr. Lots of talent to plug in here as well

Special teams were a disaster last yr can only improve

Coaching change only 1, hard to project how that plays out.

All the negative Nancy's on this board..

With all things considered, the Huskers should do better next season.

Why is everyone afraid of Northwestern? No Cain Colter,, they demonstrated how well their offense operated without him last season.... NW is not a threat this yr.

I also think everyone hypes up Michigan State way to much.. What did they do last yr in Lincoln without the 5 giveaways, (I say giveaways because they we unforced) MS didn't have a drive for a score for more than 41 yds. Bo's D matches up well wiyh MS.

Wisconsin had heavy losses on both sides of the ball, with Borland gone, their D will not be anywhere near as good.

I'm not saying we go thru the conference like a whirlwind, but come one guys, have a little confidence in what the Huskers bring back. It seems to me that the past 3 yrs are weighing heavy on alot of hearts on this board. This yr, Huskers make a move up and win the Division, predicting the CCG and bowl game is like playing the lottery. Who are we playing????

GBR

One thing about MSU is I think Pelini and co., have figured out that defense. We could have like stated before won if we didn't fumble.

huh?

+1 Agree.

What are you having trouble understanding? Did you watch the game or attend? MS did nothing that the Huskers didn't hand to them. No drive longer than 41 yds, Three drives less than 20. All on unforced turnovers. MS D didn't take the ball away with a stellar D, the Husker O handed it to them. Yeah, they made a few plays against the young D, but if they would have had to go 60, 70 yards, they would not have scored 41, more like 17 at best. IMHO

Am I the only one that doesn't see Fresno St. and Miami as gimmes? I mean sure, neither one is a great team, and Carr graduates from Fresno. But still, we've lost (and/or damn-near lost) to worse teams in recent years.

The only gimmes I see are Florida Atlantic, McNeese State, Illinois, Rutgers, and Purdue. We should be favored in most of the other games, but it just seems we'll find a way to lose 4 of them.

I agree here. Both teams got EXPOSED in their respective bowl games, but the talent alone puts Miami on par with upper-echelon Big 10 teams and Fresno is a legit BCS-buster.

Pretty much

Actually, no. Other than #4, the other three don't apply to most of the SEC, especially those schools located in the Eastern Time Zone.