2004 Recruiting

N Zone

First of all why the hell would I want to click on one of those gay ass smiley faces. Anyway on to the real reason for this post.

We are in on an awful lot of great recruits. The main reason for all of this new found success is the fact that we no longer have Dave Gillespie bending over the program as a whole. Our old coaches (the fired one's) were horrible recruiters. Steve Pederson is really a great AD that is focused on improving all sports and in every aspect of the coaching effort.

NEED:

We need several recruits in key positions. However, like the success of most Husker teams the success lies on the line and in the backfield. We have secured the commitments of several good offensive linemen from Nebraska. We also have two very underrated and potentially great QB's, while being in the hunt for several of the best backs in the country.

check some of the other posts for position breakdowns...

Nzone

It seems we may be going back to an old formula. One in which we get all of our horses up front from the state of Nebraska. Where kids have this undeniable desire to lift and practice and push themselves to levels never thought possible by many of the nations top teams who never decided to both recruit them.

Youth, energy and new f'ing ideas are going to get a couple recruits, but I still think Nebraska doesn't recruit aggressive enough

Look at last year, as soon as a couple of the new coaches came here , Nebraska immidiately got some top recruits.

eric "the red"

Anyone also notice, I think Williams is the recruiter for this area, that the Huskers are going after New Jersey hard again. They are in on 6-10 recruits from the Garden St. This is always a good state to hit. There is no D-1 college in the state(I don't consider Rutgers a school) Tons of kids are plucked from that state every year. New Jersey has some of the greatest brain drain out of any state.

Look at any college football team and there's a good chance there is a Jersey kid on the roster. Penn. ST, Syracuse, and Iowa also get a bunch...and so will we.

This conjure up memories:

Peter brothers

Irvin Fryer

Mike Rozier

Karem Moss

Baron Miles

on and on and on ....

eric "the red"