Huskers viewing Hboard

Kenny is fighting a lost cause here; a battle that he can't win. Don't waste your energy man. Embrace the good, don't acknowledge the bad. I just don't understand why any big-time athlete at a program like Nebraska would want anything to do with social media. Who goes and looks for sh#t to piss themselves off? I know detractors often come to him (and them) but don't provide them with that avenue (hint get off social media).

• Fire 1

People still get upset at words on the internet? heh

Not people, kids themselves really. Young adults more accurately. Even 3 years in the spotlight is still a new overall experience. The fact that even 5% of the fanbase wants to hurt your feelings when you play for the team they watch can be disorientating. Its sucks because Kenny clearly is dissapointed by certain remarks and now we have to discuss where his heart and head are at.

This is very disappointing. I understand there's been an influx of angst surrounding the program, but c'mon Kenny. You've got to take the higher road here and realize that we ALL support you guys. You gotta give it a rest, and understand that the dooshy negative 5% is always the loudest, and the only way to prove them wrong is to ignore them. This concerns me. Really makes me question where Kenny's heart and mindset is right now.
Kinda hard to see that we all support him when all that happens is derailing of threads and constant fan agitation toward coaches. If we want him to take the higher road, we have to give him reason to take it as fans. Your comment really concerns me...to think that you needed to even ask where his heart and mindset is...you have a lot of audacity.

Mr. Accountability is correct. The addictive Tweeters, Posters and Commenters across the internet make you want to unplug the whole damn thing. When they convince people that they're more influential than a douchebag minority, the terrorists have won.

It looks like they will always be there, always looking to engage in infantile word battles with famous and successful people who actually get out of their house and do things. They are indeed a loud 5% and you need to learn early how to ignore them. This isn't the first time Kenny Bell has gotten caught up in the wrong fight. He needs to figure it out. If he's lucky enough to turn pro, he will look back fondly on the Husker hater amateurs. Especially if he gets drafted by Philly.

This is very disappointing. I understand there's been an influx of angst surrounding the program, but c'mon Kenny. You've got to take the higher road here and realize that we ALL support you guys. You gotta give it a rest, and understand that the dooshy negative 5% is always the loudest, and the only way to prove them wrong is to ignore them. This concerns me. Really makes me question where Kenny's heart and mindset is right now.
Kinda hard to see that we all support him when all that happens is derailing of threads and constant fan agitation toward coaches. If we want him to take the higher road, we have to give him reason to take it as fans. Your comment really concerns me...to think that you needed to even ask where his heart and mindset is...you have a lot of audacity.

Mr. Accountability is correct. The addictive Tweeters, Posters and Commenters across the internet make you want to unplug the whole damn thing. When they convince people that they're more influential than a douchebag minority, the terrorists have won.

It looks like they will always be there, always looking to engage in infantile word battles with famous and successful people who actually get out of their house and do things. They are indeed a loud 5% and you need to learn early how to ignore them. This isn't the first time Kenny Bell has gotten caught up in the wrong fight. He needs to figure it out. If he's lucky enough to turn pro, he will look back fondly on the Husker hater amateurs. Especially if he gets drafted by Philly.

You lost me at Kenny Bell getting drafted.

I don't get it. How did Kenny watch Broncos/Buffs games growing up? Didn't he ever yell at a player for fumbling or a coach for calling a run up the gut on 3rd and 3? That's part of the fun. If you play for a popular sports team, surely you know that millions of people are doing this at their TVs every single time a particularly bad play takes place. Twitter now makes it possible for the message to actually reach the players involved. But what's the big deal? The yelling always existed, and it always will. Besides, it's really nothing personal. So ignore it or let it fuel your improvement. But don't fight it.

Spoiled rotten, most top athletes are. Had it easy his whole athletic life. Can not handle a few that are not satisfied with his effort or the staff. So What. Prove them wrong on the field, quit whining, start winning.

Live for the positive, not the negative. Should have learned this a long time ago. Doubt some ever will. No one forces him to read anything. He does it on his own.

90K cheering for his every move and some idiot tweets he does not like him. Man that hurts. Do what you came here to do. I doubt it was on a twitter scholarship.

Tired of this whining, from so called warriors.

Grow up.

• Fire 3

You lost me at Kenny Bell getting drafted.

You really dont think he has any chance?

I'd say the majority of Husker fans don't understand what the players and coaches go through on a daily basis. To be fair most fans don't have the ability or chance to coach or play at that level so their isn't a chance to get that perspective, but it doesn't make it ok to be dumb asses either. I wonder how many of us would like it if people who only say about 2% of our life or work performance made judgments on it. I fail almost daily in my job in some regard or another. I don't make a phone call when I should, I take the time to read a message board instead of giving my total attention to the company, I miss a sale because I miss read a customers willingness to buy. Difference is we don't get called out for it by a public.

I was called out at a game once when I was bitching out the players who appeared to be making mistakes, (by a former player) and told "I don't see you down there playing, or having that ability to even be down there. Maybe you should lay off a bit. Enjoy the game for the highs and lows but stop blaming the players and coaches. They're trying their best." That day I pretty much changed my attitude and perspective.

• Fire 4

I'd say the majority of Husker fans don't understand what the players and coaches go through on a daily basis. To be fair most fans don't have the ability or chance to coach or play at that level so their isn't a chance to get that perspective, but it doesn't make it ok to be dumb asses either. I wonder how many of us would like it if people who only say about 2% of our life or work performance made judgments on it. I fail almost daily in my job in some regard or another. I don't make a phone call when I should, I take the time to read a message board instead of giving my total attention to the company, I miss a sale because I miss read a customers willingness to buy. Difference is we don't get called out for it by a public.

I was called out at a game once when I was bitching out the players who appeared to be making mistakes, (by a former player) and told "I don't see you down there playing, or having that ability to even be down there. Maybe you should lay off a bit. Enjoy the game for the highs and lows but stop blaming the players and coaches. They're trying their best." That day I pretty much changed my attitude and perspective.

+1

How quickly we turn on one of those players with a won't quit attitude...and we criticize him for sticking up for himself, the team, and others. Sad state of affairs in Huskerland.

Kenny Bell is one of the most popular, likable, and talented players on the team, and deservedly so. He is entitled to provide his opinion, just like any of us, and just like the rest of us, his opinion is fair game for critique. It just turns out that he is a public figure, so that his opinions and criticism are magnefied. Hopefully, any resulting negativity does not come off as a personal attack on his character. I would hope that he, or any player who chooses to read his own press clippings or engage with the fans, can learn to recognize that this all comes with the territory.

These guys are young: hopefully this can be part of their learning and maturing process, to learn how to handle criticism and how to filter out what he does and doesn't need to listen to. Develop a thicker skin Kenny, or don't pay attention to our nonsense at all. Either way, none of these words really matter, we just want our Huskers to go out and play hard.

Our world is the world of internet message boards, anonymous opinions, and armchair quarterbacks trying to act as if our thoughts have any meaning at all, and it is meant for arguments, criticism, and praise, whether it is knowledgable or not. Your world is a world of blood, sweat, and tears on the football field, practice field, locker room, and classroom. If we entered your world of football, most of us would get our asses kicked. If you enter our world of message boards, you better be able to handle our nerdy onslaught of words and gifs.

So here is the lesson for any player or coach who happens to read Huskerboard: Husker nation loves you, Go Big Red, etc, but you don't need to engage in our world or even pay attention to us. Do what you do, and we will cheer for you. We'll do what we will do, but you don't need to frickin' worry about it.

• Fire 2

It's not our place to judge who they are as people or how they live their lives, and 99% of people criticizing them aren't criticizing those areas. Why would these players give that crap an ounce of thought anyway? You're going to let some stranger tell you how to be and how to live?

People can criticize on field performance by the coaches and players all they want to. It's part of being a fan. If you're going to sit here and tell me fans have the right to voice their positive opinions but not voice the things that should improve, I'd love to know what aspect of life you know of that only comes with a positive side and no negatives. It's all about how you let it affect you. I get judged by the job I do in my line of work almost every day, and usually by people that don't even know my name let alone on a personal level. Stop being so f'ing hypocritical. These coaches and players aren't immune to this stuff just because they are Huskers. They are people, and everybody deals with criticism. Get over it.

• Fire 1
How quickly we turn on one of those players with a won't quit attitude...and we criticize him for sticking up for himself, the team, and others. Sad state of affairs in Huskerland.

You're part of the problem. You and Sipple continuing to paint an entire fan base with such a broad brush. Your use of the word "huskerland". Husker land is in a fine state. The land you speak of is some island called Douscheland and hardly has a population worth acknowledging. So stop giving them so much credit.