Huskers viewing Hboard

They don't have to hear criticism from all sides of the globe. Who is making them? I sure as sh#t didn't force a single one of these guys to get Tweeter, and NotFace2Facebook. You don't want to hear what people you don't even know have to say, guess what, real easy kiddo. Delete the sh#t. Great thing about cell phones, if you don't have my number, I don't have to hear or see you. I come to Huskerboard because I choose to. If I don't care to read some of this nonsense anymore I won't come here anymore. Period.

• Fire 1

It's not our place to judge who they are as people or how they live their lives, and 99% of people criticizing them aren't criticizing those areas. Why would these players give that crap an ounce of thought anyway? You're going to let some stranger tell you how to be and how to live?

People can criticize on field performance by the coaches and players all they want to. It's part of being a fan. If you're going to sit here and tell me fans have the right to voice their positive opinions but not voice the things that should improve, I'd love to know what aspect of life you know of that only comes with a positive side and no negatives. It's all about how you let it affect you. I get judged by the job I do in my line of work almost every day, and usually by people that don't even know my name let alone on a personal level. Stop being so f'ing hypocritical. These coaches and players aren't immune to this stuff just because they are Huskers. They are people, and everybody deals with criticism. Get over it.

I would guess its just the opposite. I don't know what you do but I'd guess you're judged very little on the job that you actually do. Like most of us you get a pass on the majority of things you don't do correctly or to the level that's actually expected. As someone who's employed hundreds of people I've yet to find someone who does the job to the level that I find perfectly acceptable. Every employee has had a weakness, good days and bad days. Everyone makes mistakes almost every day big or something as small as texting someone when they shouldn't be using their phone. By all accounts when you get to work it should be 100% about the job for the company. There shouldn't be chit chat, personal calls, texts, people on the internet. You should run late or clock out early. You should be there for every customer 100%, make every product 100% correctly so there is never a mistake or the product never fails. Every time you don't have a perfect day at what you do that you're under performing. How often do you get called out for it? I'd bet very seldom. The fact is there is a level of acceptance that goes along with everyone's performances, strengths, weaknesses, and allowances are given. Why shouldn't we give that same thing to players and coaches just because their imperfections are more public?

Being able to take tons of criticism from all sides of the globe just because you play football is NOT part of 'growing up'.

Well, I don't think any of them get criticism from all sides of the globe just because they play football. We wouldn't be having this discussion if players weren't engaging with the press or message boards.

But dealing with criticism, managing the negative aspects of the limelight, and learning that every action comes with a consequence (even if it is just a tweet) are absolutely parts of growing up. That's life, brah.

• Fire 1

It's not our place to judge who they are as people or how they live their lives, and 99% of people criticizing them aren't criticizing those areas. Why would these players give that crap an ounce of thought anyway? You're going to let some stranger tell you how to be and how to live?

People can criticize on field performance by the coaches and players all they want to. It's part of being a fan. If you're going to sit here and tell me fans have the right to voice their positive opinions but not voice the things that should improve, I'd love to know what aspect of life you know of that only comes with a positive side and no negatives. It's all about how you let it affect you. I get judged by the job I do in my line of work almost every day, and usually by people that don't even know my name let alone on a personal level. Stop being so f'ing hypocritical. These coaches and players aren't immune to this stuff just because they are Huskers. They are people, and everybody deals with criticism. Get over it.

I would guess its just the opposite. I don't know what you do but I'd guess you're judged very little on the job that you actually do. Like most of us you get a pass on the majority of things you don't do correctly or to the level that's actually expected. As someone who's employed hundreds of people I've yet to find someone who does the job to the level that I find perfectly acceptable. Every employee has had a weakness, good days and bad days. Everyone makes mistakes almost every day big or something as small as texting someone when they shouldn't be using their phone. By all accounts when you get to work it should be 100% about the job for the company. There shouldn't be chit chat, personal calls, texts, people on the internet. You should run late or clock out early. You should be there for every customer 100%, make every product 100% correctly so there is never a mistake or the product never fails. Every time you don't have a perfect day at what you do that you're under performing. How often do you get called out for it? I'd bet very seldom. The fact is there is a level of acceptance that goes along with everyone's performances, strengths, weaknesses, and allowances are given. Why shouldn't we give that same thing to players and coaches just because their imperfections are more public?

You don't know what I do. You're assuming quite a bit. And you're wrong.

They don't have to hear criticism from all sides of the globe. Who is making them? I sure as sh#t didn't force a single one of these guys to get Tweeter, and NotFace2Facebook. You don't want to hear what people you don't even know have to say, guess what, real easy kiddo. Delete the sh#t. Great thing about cell phones, if you don't have my number, I don't have to hear or see you. I come to Huskerboard because I choose to. If I don't care to read some of this nonsense anymore I won't come here anymore. Period.

There is this new thing called the internet that allows everyone across the globe to communicate with one another. Your using it right now. There's also no filter on it. Bad apples spoil it for most fans. Just thought you should know since you think they don't have to hear/read criticism from all sides of the globe.

Telling them to just stay off the internet isn't an option for kids 5000 miles from home. It's unrealistic and honestly, ignorant to think they should.

I didn't say stay off the Internet.

How quickly we turn on one of those players with a won't quit attitude...and we criticize him for sticking up for himself, the team, and others. Sad state of affairs in Huskerland.

You're part of the problem. You and Sipple continuing to paint an entire fan base with such a broad brush. Your use of the word "huskerland". Husker land is in a fine state. The land you speak of is some island called Douscheland and hardly has a population worth acknowledging. So stop giving them so much credit.

I'm not part of the problem...I'm not talking down to a player. Nice try though...

This isn't "the" problem either. Nice try though.

Maybe Kenny Bell should go talk to Scott Frost about fan troubles. He was actively booed in Memorial Stadium. He then finished a national championship run.

Big difference between that and Kenny getting the sads and telling people about his best.

The 5% antagonizing players is a problem. The players not "manning up" is not the issue. Its impossible to correct the issue as social media has no pre-requisite befoe peons can spew garbage at whomever they want. Yes Kenny could just ignore it but its hard to ignore criticism thats readily available.

How quickly we turn on one of those players with a won't quit attitude...and we criticize him for sticking up for himself, the team, and others. Sad state of affairs in Huskerland.

You're part of the problem. You and Sipple continuing to paint an entire fan base with such a broad brush. Your use of the word "huskerland". Husker land is in a fine state. The land you speak of is some island called Douscheland and hardly has a population worth acknowledging. So stop giving them so much credit.

I'm not part of the problem...I'm not talking down to a player. Nice try though...

Geez two quotes in a row where I have to wonder if you even read what I wrote. Youre not very good at this whole "discussion" thing are you.

The 5% antagonizing players is a problem. The players not "manning up" is not the issue. Its impossible to correct the issue as social media has no pre-requisite befoe peons can spew garbage at whomever they want. Yes Kenny could just ignore it but its hard to ignore criticism thats readily available.

I don't have a twitter, and my fiancé is the one that created my Facebook account, not I. So really, how " readily available" is this criticism? I seem to do just fine without either one of those things.

There is this new thing called the internet that allows everyone across the globe to communicate with one another. Your using it right now. There's also no filter on it. Bad apples spoil it for most fans. Just thought you should know since you think they don't have to hear/read criticism from all sides of the globe.

Telling them to just stay off the internet isn't an option for kids 5000 miles from home. It's unrealistic and honestly, ignorant to think they should.

I didn't say stay off the Internet.

Nope you didn't say it. You alluded to it even if you think you didn't.

I'm going to give a first hand lesson right now in how this "Internet" thing can work. This is the part where I cease to acknowledge you exist. It's easy.

I don't have a twitter, and my fiancé is the one that created my Facebook account, not I. So really, how " readily available" is this criticism? I seem to do just fine without either one of those things.

Because you are able to control yourself from doing something like that doesnt mean the next guy is. Some people exclusively obtain social media accounts to bash people. Some people sign up for Huskerboard ti artue. Same concept.

As public figures, players are put under a kind of microscope that would be hard for anyone to deal with.

That said, this wasn't exactly Kenny catching hell for his blue practice jersey or say, practice rumors or a dropped ball or whatever. He used a social media platform on which he knows he has many followers, to turn a basketball win into a sour gripe about Husker fans. I think we all want to see both the team and the fanbase embraed, so this was a bit of a yikes. And while there's no need to tear into Kenny and especially his character, a fumble is a fumble, whether on the field or in the twitterverse.