Signed - OT Matt Farniok

Mavric

I usually don't make comments like this about recruits. But, I am extremely excited about this kid and am going to be very disappointed if we don't get him. Everything I see points to him being a really good player and in the location we should be dominating recruiting wise.

I really hope our staff can close on this kid.

I'd be shocked if Matt isn't signing with Nebraska in February. Stud.

And I do think Will is going to get an offer soon.

We need this type of tackle if we plan on having any sort of a decent passing attack.

I still feel like we can have one of the top OL if we harvest the Midwest for our OL. Plenty of prospects to build an elite OL from the Dakotas, NE, IA, KS. Then snag a few from across the country to put a cherry on top

• Fire 1

We need this type of tackle if we plan on having any sort of a decent passing attack.

I still feel like we can have one of the top OL if we harvest the Midwest for our OL. Plenty of prospects to build an elite OL from the Dakotas, NE, IA, KS. Then snag a few from across the country to put a cherry on top

Totally agree. Get the big uglies from "the 500" and the fill in with the speed from "the hotbeds".

I have actually even seen the recruiting services say he definitely needs work on his technique and footwork. His high rating is based a lot on his frame and potential.

It would be nice to have everything put together but I'll take the latter over the former if I have to choose.

Agreed just thought I would share, might have sounded ole I was bashing him, but I wasn't. I love his frame and potential!

It's difficult to judge OL in this because they aren't wearing pads in order o be more physical and the defensive player gets a running start.

Agreed just thought I would share, might have sounded ole I was bashing him, but I wasn't. I love his frame and potential!

It's difficult to judge OL in this because they aren't wearing pads in order o be more physical and the defensive player gets a running start.

I didn't think you were bashing him at all. He did look terrible. I think that some people, not necessarily you, will look at this 10 second clip and think the kid isn't worth an offer. I just think these camps where they put OL vs DL without pads and give the DL a running start doesn't show well for the OL. You usually see the OL get used like the video or they hold the DL and drag them to the ground.
  • 2 weeks later...