SIGNED DE DeAndre Wills

Mavric

Well, it would appear we certainly want another end for this class yet! Good lord there's been a lot of offers during this last week. Craziest finish to a class I can remember! Even Bo's first class when he initially took over was less in flux than this one seems to wrap up.

Anyway, if Willis is versatile and can help us at two different positions, that's a good thing. Especially becaue all we have at TE is Carter and Hart at this point. There's not a whole lot of social media buzz on this one though. Even Clouse is quiet... shocking.

Well, it would appear we certainly want another end for this class yet! Good lord there's been a lot of offers during this last week. Craziest finish to a class I can remember! Even Bo's first class when he initially took over was less in flux than this one seems to wrap up.

Anyway, if Willis is versatile and can help us at two different positions, that's a good thing. Especially becaue all we have at TE is Carter and Hart at this point. There's not a whole lot of social media buzz on this one though. Even Clouse is quiet... shocking.

If we get Willis, maybe he projects to TE (highlight blocks are fantastic), and Akinmoldun goes to DE (like his HS coach thinks he is best suited for).

Freedom wants to play TE and that's why he came to NE. And with our lack of debt at that position, he may stay there. This also why we are looking to add a DE or 2 to this class.

Not sure about this. I'm pretty sure he's open to DE - his HS coach thinks he'd be best on defense.

Freedom wants to play TE and that's why he came to NE. And with our lack of debt at that position, he may stay there. This also why we are looking to add a DE or 2 to this class.

Not sure about this. I'm pretty sure he's open to DE - his HS coach thinks he'd be best on defense.

Recruiting services are saying he will be a better DE. No arguments from me, but his coach said that he really liked playing TE and he just started playing this position. I also read somewhere that he wants to play TE and NE is giving him that opportunity. I like him because versatility & athleticism.

• Fire 1

Moving Willis to TE (if he commits) and Akinmoldun to DE would not affect the numbers at those positions, each pick up one. Now, if they have preferred spots, that is a different story, and I do not make my comment based on their preference. Rather, I see Willis as a fantastic blocking TE who can also catch the ball, and Akinmoldun as more a catching TE. Both have potential at DE, so it comes down to their preferred position (which you suggest Freedom prefers TE) and whether another blocking or catching TE would improve our offense.

For the record, I do like Freedom at TE (also another catching TE with his size could make some great mismatches) and Deandre at DE (his has similar skills to what Moss brought).

Moving Willis to TE (if he commits) and Akinmoldun to DE would not affect the numbers at those positions, each pick up one. Now, if they have preferred spots, that is a different story, and I do not make my comment based on their preference. Rather, I see Willis as a fantastic blocking TE who can also catch the ball, and Akinmoldun as more a catching TE. Both have potential at DE, so it comes down to their preferred position (which you suggest Freedom prefers TE) and whether another blocking or catching TE would improve our offense.

For the record, I do like Freedom at TE (also another catching TE with his size could make some great mismatches) and Deandre at DE (his has similar skills to what Moss brought).

Tom I understand. I was just saying that he came here to be a TE and Turner came here as a QB. We may give him that option, but a good player will play where he is needed. Both players seem to be very versatile.

Tom I understand. I was just saying that he came here to be a TE and Turner came here as a QB. We may give him that option, but a good player will play where he is needed. Both players seem to be very versatile.

Good point. Like the versatility of both.

This is correct