Football Coaches Get Extensions

Mavric

Eichorst wanted to "align all the assistants' end dates," according to a spokeswoman.

NU coaches' annual base salaries (last year's salary in parentheses):

-- Tim Beck $700,000 ($700,000)

-- John Papuchis $310,000 ($310,000)

-- Ron Brown $254,800 ($254,800)

-- Barney Cotton $254,800 ($254,800)

-- Ross Els $238,900 ($230,000)

-- Rick Kaczenski $225,000 ($208,900)

-- Rich Fisher $200,000 ($200,000)

-- John Garrison $245,000 ($245,000)

LJS Article

-- Ross Els $238,900 ($230,000)

excuse_me_bird.gif

Not sure how he doesn't deserve it. Our LBer play has been pretty good for what it was before this year, and you could see the growth he has had with everyone currently on the roster. On top of that, he is head of recruiting, and so far, we have a pretty good class. Next years is shaping up to be the best yet.

The grief that Ross Els catches is so god damn mind-boggling, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. That angst towars Cotton, Papuchis, Beck, and even Kascinski I can understand. But Els positions (LB's and recruiting) has been the most consistently improving aside from WR's in my mind.

nah. check that. He's in charge of special teams. I'll go run head first into a wall now.

• Fire 7

nah. check that. He's in charge of special teams. I'll go run head first into a wall now.

Special Teams has been horrid, as for the punt returning. Outside of that, we are pretty solid. When your given 3 vital duties, one of them is going to get the least attention. Here we have Cotton, who coaches TE's and basically nothing else. Special Teams should be given to someone who has the time to do it, not to Els.

As for Coach Kaczenski, I'm not sure how this guy gets crap. Outside of this year, he has had nothing to work with and has been nothing but a great recruiter for us.

This year he has gotten:

DeAndre Wills, Blake McClain, Sedrick King, Joel Keels and Peyton Newell. Had Clinksdale been smart enough to pass his classes and be eligible, he would be on that list too. No doubt in my mind he would have gone anywhere else if he would have passed his classes and not gotten harped on by the staff.

2013:

Maliek Collins, Randy Gregory, Kevin Maurice, Adam Taylor. Dimarya Mixon would be here if he didn't have academic issues. Suttles too, had he not been an idiot.

2012:

Came to NU about a month before signing day, Brought a good commit with him as well. Aaron Curry.

Special Teams has been horrid, as for the punt returning. Outside of that, we are pretty solid. When your given 3 vital duties, one of them is going to get the least attention. Here we have Cotton, who coaches TE's and basically nothing else. Special Teams should be given to someone who has the time to do it, not to Els.

As for Coach Kaczenski, I'm not sure how this guy gets crap. Outside of this year, he has had nothing to work with and has been nothing but a great recruiter for us.

This year he has gotten:

DeAndre Wills, Blake McClain, Sedrick King, Joel Keels and Peyton Newell. Had Clinksdale been smart enough to pass his classes and be eligible, he would be on that list too. No doubt in my mind he would have gone anywhere else if he would have passed his classes and not gotten harped on by the staff.

2013:

Maliek Collins, Randy Gregory, Kevin Maurice, Adam Taylor. Dimarya Mixon would be here if he didn't have academic issues. Suttles too, had he not been an idiot.

2012:

Came to NU about a month before signing day, Brought a good commit with him as well. Aaron Curry.

Not just horrid, but quite literally among the worst (bottom 3 or 4) in the country. I honestly hold my breath every time I watch one of our guys field a punt, in fear that it will be muffed.

Special Teams has been horrid, as for the punt returning.

Punt returns have been horrid. Special teams hasn't.

Kickoff team has been fine.

Kickoff coverage team has been fine.

Punt team has been fine in coverage, less-than-ideal in punting.

Field goal team has been money.

• Fire 1

Jesus, status quo. Why change anything? Everything is perfect.

The decision was already made to keep them for this year, which I think made this the logical and necessary next step...an extension for assistants isn't necessarily cementing everything as perfect.

Unless we see a seven win season or Bo decides he wants to leave I were a betting man I would have bet SE has been given notice he has a year to prove he is AD worthy. I'm also guessing we may have a new Chancellor before fall if certain directives aren't met and as of now there is an ego betting he can't be replaced.