2014 Home Schedule

waylanm

I hadn't seen the schedule for this year untill today.

When was the last time Nebraska had such a crappy home schedule? Other than the Miami game, there are a bunch of yawners, Minnesota is the best conference home game? WTF?

I forsee fans being even less excited and involved in the games than last year. There may be a few season tickets come up for grabs.

For those curious... Here is the schedule for next year.

Aug 30th- VS Florida Atlantic

Sep 6- VS McNeese State

Sep 13- @ Fresno State

Sep 20- VS Miami

Sep 27- VS Illinois(HC)

Oct 4- @ Michigan State

Oct 18- @Northwestern

Oct 25- VS Rutgers

Nov 1- VS Purdue

Nov 15- @ Wisconsin

Nov 22- VS Minnesota

Nov 28- @ Iowa

I think the Miami game will have a ton of excitement behind it. Anyone but UCLA again... man that was a frustrating series.

I agree with the OP that the strength of our schedule lies on the road, but really, our schedule isnt all that difficult.Wisconsin and Michigan State are both good but not impossible to beat. Who knows how Fresno State will be without Carr, but cant assume that will be too tough.

I am looking forward to seeing Rutgers get welcomed in to the B1G and we should be able to destroy Ill/Purdue. MN will only be getting better, but after last years game, i think we might have a hyped up crowd and a pissed off crowd.

All in all, our defense will be better and therefore we matchup well with MSU.

Not an amazing home schedule but at least a fairly good chance we could go undefeated.

^^^Couldn't agree more with the Rutgers comment. Anxious to see how they stack up against the B1G teams. I hear they have lost alot of their big time recruits though. Can't wait to see what that Miami game turns out to be!

GBR

I am looking forward to 2015, as my last act of living in this wretched state, is seeing the Huskers pound the living sh*t out of the mouthbreathing douchebags from Jersey...

Im okay with it this uear. We need a statement season. What better way to do that then go undefeated at home? Miami, and Minnysoda should both hold electricity because of nostalgia and revenge. Yeah another game or two with some more meaning wouldve been nice but I expect no less than 11 or 12 wins this year so I say screw it, pile up the Ws.

It's not like this year's home schedule was all that exciting either.

Is the above right, though? We get Illinois at home two consecutive years?

Yup. Just a technicality of the division restructure.

Just ask Michigan-Michigan State about it.

Michigan was a little more than peeved for going to "little brother's" two years in a row.