If you could surgically remove one thing from Nebraska history, what would it be?

knapplc

Ball State.........what an omen that game was

I remember sitting in the stands of the JUCO college i went to during their football game that day. They would periodically give updates to that game and most of the updates were when Ball St. was leading or had scored to tie it up. I was just sitting there praying that we won because if we would have lost it was going to be an ugly day being down there with all the KU and K St. fans. What an awful game.

I remember sitting in the stands of the JUCO college i went to during their football game that day. They would periodically give updates to that game and most of the updates were when Ball St. was leading or had scored to tie it up. I was just sitting there praying that we won because if we would have lost it was going to be an ugly day being down there with all the KU and K St. fans. What an awful game.

They lead by two possessions in the 4th quarter-WITH THE BALL. Nebraska kid Bo Ruud pretty much single handidly tried to defend the state's honor with a pick six to get back in it. Then we got the ball back and another score to take the lead. But low and behold, we let them drive all the way back down the field and still attempt a long FG for the win. LOL. Just a total Cosgrovian Summation.

They lead by two possessions in the 4th quarter-WITH THE BALL. Nebraska kid Bo Ruud pretty much single handidly tried to defend the state's honor with a pick six to get back in it. Then we got the ball back and another score to take the lead. But low and behold, we let them drive all the way back down the field and still attempt a long FG for the win. LOL. Just a total Cosgrovian Summation.

Wow. I knew it was bad but I guess I didn't realize it was that bad. Thank god that's in the past though.

Lots of good answers, and I concur on keeping Brook out of that plan as the hands down winner.

Beyond that, I'm getting pretty granular and self serving. I'd snip out Keith Jackson breaking open down the middle in the last two minutes of the game in Lincoln, 1986. That particular play still creates a deep ache in my gut. I remember being very sick with a cold, sitting in the stands and it seemed like I was the only one in the whole freaking stadium seeing him come open. That eventual loss (and the cold I'm sure) left me slumped on the stadium seat for a good half hour after the game. Gads...I need a drink just thinking about it....and I haven't drank in over 20 years.

I bought a lot of 5 posters at an auction last year because I had to buy all five to get the one I wanted. I kept the one I wanted, gave three to my brothers and the last one was the 2007 Offense poster. It's still sitting in my basement storage room. It's framed and everything. If anyone wants it they can have it for free.

So, what you're saying is you do not have a wood burning stove or fireplace and you're too lazy to try to salvage the frame? Have you tried Goodwill? :D

Lots of good answers, and I concur on keeping Brook out of that plan as the hands down winner.

Beyond that, I'm getting pretty granular and self serving. I'd snip out Keith Jackson breaking open down the middle in the last two minutes of the game in Lincoln, 1986. That particular play still creates a deep ache in my gut. I remember being very sick with a cold, sitting in the stands and it seemed like I was the only one in the whole freaking stadium seeing him come open. That eventual loss (and the cold I'm sure) left me slumped on the stadium seat for a good half hour after the game. Gads...I need a drink just thinking about it....and I haven't drank in over 20 years.

Can we just eliminate Keith Jackson (the OU player) completely. Seemed he was a thorn in our side for about 7 years running.

Wow. I knew it was bad but I guess I didn't realize it was that bad. Thank god that's in the past though.

It was so bad I succumbed to my hangover and took a nap until the 4th quarter.

This topic really should have a poll. The short list of options as I see it, in my preferred order;

1- Pederson

2- 96 Texas loss preventing a 61-2 era record with 4 nattys. (60-3 with 3 is still damned impressive tho)

3- The 62-36 CU debacle (don't know about the program but it had a tremendous impact on me as a fan)

4- 00:01 Texas 2009

5- Throwing lifeline to SWC remnants.

6- Lawrence Phillips (included only because I think some fans view it as a watershed event on par with the others)

I left Brook off the list on purpose. That is of course the number one thing we would all like to change and I don't think it needs to even be considered in the same topic as these other issues.

My answer is Bill Bryne. He was so focused on the directors cup and wanting to win it our football facilities stalled. People caught up and pushed ahead of us and left us with a disadvantage that Frank, Bill and Bo all had to work through.

If that was truly his goal he shouldn't have done 90% of the things he did regarding Olympic sports and their life at Nebraska.

I think its hard to change the past. I mean there are all things that we could change but honestly i think Berringer dying probably has the least impact. The season was over and his career at nebraska was done. As far as nebraska history goes he would of been done. Telling him not to get into a plane that day would save his life and the lives of his passengers and made somewhat of a name for himself If you replace Billy C, LP, Pederson or Cosgrove you cause a ripple effect that would of changed nebraskas entire history. You take out LP and maybe we dont win in 2 in a row. You replace Billy C and who knows who we would of ended up with. When you play this game remember on what might happen if you do change that one thing.