RB Dale Martin

Player: Dale Martin

Hometown: Bolingbrook, IL

Position: RB

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 195

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Iowa, Illinois, West Virginia, Louisville, Northwestern, Iowa State, Purdue, Toledo, Nebraska and Minnesota

Favorites:Committed to Louisville

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Speed in his game. Cut and slither through a hole and before you know it he’s in his home.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Notre Dame, Illinois, and Iowa will all make a strong push for him.

• 2 weeks later...

He also has verbal offers from Minnesota, Northwestern and Ohio St is close to offering him as well. He's an all purpose back who rushed 120 times last season for 1,110 yards and 18 toucheowns. He was on the Chicago Tribune's top100 juniors to watch out for this last season. He is also a track athlete and particpated in the Midwest high school track championships last year in both the 200 and 400 meter relay. He is projected somewhere in the top10 of prep prospects in the state of Illinois by some early pre-season recruiting magazines and likely a Rivals 250 prospect. His team finished with a 9-3 record (6-1 conference)

• 2 months later...

Latest college football recruiting buzz

Dale Martin, a Scout.com four-star running back from Bolingbrook, Ill., said he has thirteen scholarship offers (eight of those being written offers). "I have written offers from Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Louisville, Mississippi, Iowa, Iowa State and Toledo," Martin said. "While West Virginia, Nebraska, Minnesota and New Mexico all told my coach they will be sending me an offer soon." Martin said he favors Iowa slightly over Florida, Texas, Louisville, Ohio State and West Virginia.

"My mom likes Iowa because they are close. They are only about four hours away," Martin said. "The distance doesn't really matter to me, but it is a plus. She's also friends with my old teammate, Ryan Bain's (DL at Iowa), mom. He really likes it there. The coaches are down-to-earth and the facilities are great. They told me that I was at the top of their list for running backs. Louisville also said I was their number one guy."

Despite living in Illinois, Martin grew up watching Texas. "My grandma lives in Texas and I've always watched them. They have a good running back tradition. They always seem to produce good backs."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I the only one that is thinking that we only need one running back out of this recruiting class? We seem to be pretty set with Lucky, Glenn, Jackson, Jackson, and Wilson. I don't see why we would bring in more than one this year.

I would think that the coaches would want at least two HS RBs from this class.... Lucky, Glenn, Jackson and Wilson will be preparing for their third or fourth year by the time the 2007 HS recruits are on campus.

• 7 months later...