NFL Combine 2014.

Fuzzy

What bodes well for Quincy is Sherman from Seattle. A transition in the league to guys like Sherman will translate to trying to find bigger bodied receivers (see da Bears) who can play against this new generation of DB's (see the love SJB is getting for his size). Quincy has shown as a big guy he has some straight line speed and can stretch the D. At NU's pro day he MUST show he can catch the routine NFL passes.

Watching chicago last year they talked about the how a NFL receiver has to make the routine catches and have the ability to make the a circus catch or 2 per game. Does Quincy have this ability? Can he show this to the scouts? If so, he has a good chance, IMO, to go in the first day. If he misses the "routine" catches..................

Actually, wouldn't the answer for an offense to these big bodies corners be small, speedy, acceleration and change of direction type receivers? If they can't stay with them then they can't guard them. The reason teams are getting these huge corners is so they can match up with the megatons of the NFL.

IMO no. The bigger corners are playing press and dominating the smaller wr's they face. Teams need to combat this and are looking for bigger receivers. Look at Megatron, Alshon, Davis etc. The TE's are now faster and more agile. One of the great things guys like about Lavonte is his ability to run with these TE's and support the run as well. Just my .02.

SJB runs a sub 4.5 and his stock soars IMO for this reason. Guys want to clone Sherman.

To me it would make more sense to get smaller receivers matched up on these bigger, slower, less agile corners. If they can't get their hands on them then press coverage is non-existant. With the accuracy of most of the qbs in the league now you only need a half a step as a receiver and I'll put my money on the smaller, quicker receivers being more effective. Just my thought process I guess

13 is totally fine for a db, especially one with long arms. It really matters very little. Tomorrow he'll be getting rave reviews for his athleticism fluid hips. Special upside.

Funny you mention him having fluid hips. On the combine website they give a run down of every players strengths and weaknesses. First weakness they list for Stanley are stiff hips. My untrained eye agrees with you though. Stanley moves very well for how big of a corner he is and I think the position drills tomorrow will open some eyes for him.

There are a lot of "Marquee" players that are not doing many of the drills physical stuff. I have a suspicion that this will continue as a trend where most of the notable players will go to the combine for interviews, etc and then depend on their schools pro day to work out. The combine will become more of a showcase for lesser known players to make an impression.