Most under appreciated Husker....?

So... who do you think was the most under appreciated player to wear the Husker uniform?

IMO, I would have to go recently and say Taylor Martinez is/was the most under appreciated player who doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Sure he has had the vast number of starts to help boost his record stats, but the kid was a baller, wanted to win and played with heart/passion every time he came on the field. I firmly believe that we could have had a 6-6 season in 2012 without him. Because of his ability to find a way to win, we went throughout the regular season 10-2. I am slowly regressing the memories of the game after, but holding on to the memory of his LONG a career setting run against Wisky. We could play a woulda-coulda game for 2013 season, but for what he has done, while playing through agonizing injuries is admirable to me at least.

With that said, who do you think is the most under appreciated Husker? Explain why :)

I do not know about all time, but if I had to pick someone who just recently finished up their career...Jeremiah Sirles. He was a steady contributor on the oline and gave us a lot of solid football over his long career. I think some people forget that he started every game as a redshirt freshman with 40 career starts and played in all 52 games. Not to mention that he played out the final games of this season with a sprained knee and did not miss a beat. Its a shame he never got the any of the top honors he deserved.

• Fire 1
This will be Gabe Miller if he puts in three more years like he did this year. He snapped 77 of 77 perfect field goals, PATs, and punts. Long snappers will never grab the headlines, but if you don't hear their names, then they are doing their job.

Pretty sure Mangieri might have something to say about that. Mangieri was a great downfield tackler too.

This will be Gabe Miller if he puts in three more years like he did this year. He snapped 77 of 77 perfect field goals, PATs, and punts. Long snappers will never grab the headlines, but if you don't hear their names, then they are doing their job.

Pretty sure Mangieri might have something to say about that. Mangieri was a great downfield tackler too.

Well, Miller split a tackle with Bell this year.

I would have to say the person in the Lil' Red mascot. They have to put on that stupid effin thing every game knowing how much people hate it. Obviously they love NU enough to go through that shiat. It's more than I would do, that's for sure.

Lil' Red is a complete a-hole. Or at least, one particular one from a few years ago was. Herbie was cool. But Lil' Red can go pop himself.