Ok.....the rest of the schedule

Here is our remaining schedule with their conference record. So....who do we beat? We are 4-6 right now. My predictions are in red

Illinois 2-8 W

@ MSU 9-1 L

PSU 3-7 W

Purdue 4-7 W

@Illinois 2-8 W

Northwestern 5-6 W

@Indiana 4-5 L

Wisconsin 5-5 W

OK....I've drank the cool aid and believe we will win out at home. I also think we pull out another road win at Illinois to actually end up 10-8 in conference.

Thoughts???

I think that would be a very good finish to the season if we can go 6-2 in the last 8 games.

10 and 8 could get into the dance. 8 and 10 probably gets into NIT, which would be a good season.

I don't believe we have a shot at the dance, but do need at least a .500 record to get into NIT (probably) or some other post season.

That's why it's crucial to be at or above .500 before the conference tourney, because that first round is going to be wild.

(again, lamenting the PSU loss, without which I think we'd be sitting pretty comfortable with some margin for error)

I think home wins vs Illinois PSU and Purdue are almost locks, but all the rest depends on what kind of a game we can manage. Taking a half off in any of the others will probably result in losses. @Mich. St. is probably the one game we definitely won't win.

If we somehow win 6 of the last 8, with a 4-6 record now, that puts us at 10-8 in conference. We could finish anywhere from 3rd to 8th in the conference with that record that way it's going. That's a bid to the big dance as well. Might be a little too much to ask for. But you never know. This team is improving at a steady rate. Throw out that horrible performance against Michigan, and look at what we've done. Wins over Ohio St, Indiana, Minnesota, and at Northwestern.

I say if we play our cards right, we should end up at 9-9 in the conference. Still a far better mark than I expected, and it could have been better still if we would have taken care of business against Michigan and Penn State.

No way we get into the tourney, even if we win 6 of 8 down the stretch. We'd be at 13 losses after we get kicked out of the B10 Tourney, and currently have zero wins against ranked teams, our resume is terrible. It's going to take a Christmas miracle for us to go dancing this year.

You never know. I'm guessing NIT this year, and if Petteway is back and Miles gets a solid big man, hopefully the Tourney next year.

This is pretty close. And we have a 6' 10" commit (decommit from Ok) who is (I believe) our first ESPN (or some rating service) Top 150? or some such list.

Wisconsin's trip to Lincoln should be interesting. We've made some slips on the road and you've done well at home.

Not sure what your resume looks like at this point as far as the tourney goes. SI used to publish their weekly bubble watch breakdowns where the showed most teams' best wins and worst losses but I can find that now. From a cursory glance at your schedule it doesn't look strong but wins over us and MSU would help things.

Illinois 2-8 W

@ MSU 9-1 L

PSU 3-7 W

Purdue 4-7 W

@Illinois 2-8 W

Northwestern 5-6 W

@Indiana 4-5 L

Wisconsin 5-5 W

I think we slip up at Illinois and Wiscy breaks into the Vault. 4-4

^^ This. Even going 4-4 I think we have an outside shot at an invite to the Dance. (I'll copy a post below that I made in the NCAA BB thread with my Kool-Aid soaked prediction.)

(post from a diff't thread; more appropriate here. )

Sooooo, how many B1G teams get an invite to The Dance this year? Seven again, like last year? (Eight maybe?) I'm assuming seven B1G teams get an invite to March Madness. Right now we're tied for 8th. One game behind Northwestern. We have 8 B1G games left, including 5 home games. 4 of the 8 games look very winnable for us. Northwestern has 7 games left. They'll be lucky to win 3.

Soooooo, anyone think this is a likely scenario:

____We finish out with 8 conf wins total (going 4-4 our last 8 games),

________+

____we beat NW by virtue of the tie-breaker,

________=

____PROFIT (invite to The Dance)

(Note: This assumes we also somehow get by Indiana, who is presently tied with us at 8th place, also with a 4-6 record in the B1G)

Wishful thinking? Likely? Only-if-Hell-freezes-over?